Author Topic: Jeep Drop off at EVB week of 7th or 14th?  (Read 2116 times)

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
Jeep Drop off at EVB week of 7th or 14th?
« on: May 12, 2010, 06:08:51 PM »
I had to cancel dropping my Jeep off at EVB on the first because I was stupid and decided to get an oil change before heading there and the power went out so I spent almost 2 hours there waiting for them to figure out how to bill me. EVB says to just call and give them a time when I can make it. Is there anybody that has an afternoon free or day off that can follow me or meet me there to bring me back next week? Gas money and dinner at a fast food joint still apply.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 03:03:29 AM by calvynandhobbs »
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline GreenGrandV8

• Mudd Hog
  • good ol jeep
Re: Jeep Drop off at EVB June 1st
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 10:38:29 PM »
were is it that your going??
LOW RIDERS ARE FOR GUYS WHO CANT GET IT UP! oh ya

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 11:01:24 PM »
I'm dropping my Jeep off at Extreme Vehicle Builders in Danbury, CT for my rear axle gears and locker install. The parts have already arrived so now they just need my Jeep down there.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline GreenGrandV8

• Mudd Hog
  • good ol jeep
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 11:08:35 PM »
how long of a ride do you think it would be??
LOW RIDERS ARE FOR GUYS WHO CANT GET IT UP! oh ya

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 11:45:01 PM »
You could meet me at a park and ride near there; as i'm coming from the hartford area, then i take you back. 
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 03:02:27 AM »
I might take you up on that. I know Ed needs to make a run down there now that his parts are in also so we may be able to combine our runs if they can get both of our axles done in the same week. He probably hasn't read this post yet. We are still a couple weeks out so a plan will develop.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline B52BUFF

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 03:28:43 AM »
I believe I have that day off.  I could follow you and bring you back.  It also sounds like a neat place to visit.  Let me know.

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 05:16:05 AM »
I believe I have that day off.  I could follow you and bring you back.  It also sounds like a neat place to visit.  Let me know.

It is a nice shop and they usually have some pretty cool stuff down there. I'll be in Michigan all of next week, but I'll probably be taking Jeremy up on his offer to bring me back here and then I'll need another ride down there later in the week to pick the Jeep up. I'm looking for rides both times and offer gas and fast food for each.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
Re: Jeep Drop off at EVB week of 7th or 14th?
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 03:04:51 AM »
I changed the information in my original post and have copied it into this post to bring this to the top.

I had to cancel dropping my Jeep off at EVB on the first because I was stupid and decided to get an oil change before heading there and the power went out so I spent almost 2 hours there waiting for them to figure out how to bill me. EVB says to just call and give them a time when I can make it. Is there anybody that has an afternoon free or day off that can follow me or meet me there to bring me back next week? Gas money and dinner at a fast food joint still apply.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline B52BUFF

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2010, 05:27:18 AM »
Let me know.  I should be available after noon on Mondays and Wednesdays

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2010, 01:56:19 PM »
Let me know.  I should be available after noon on Mondays and Wednesdays

I'll give them a call when they open this morning and let you know which day they can take it in.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2010, 06:15:48 PM »
Chuck, they want me to drop it off Wednesday. Do you think you'd be able to head that way around 3:30 or so?
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline B52BUFF

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2010, 08:40:20 PM »
Sure thing.  Give me a call that day to confirm you are on your way down

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2010, 03:40:52 PM »
The Jeep is now at EVB. Thanks to Chuck for following me down and bringing me back. It should be done by Friday afternoon and Adam said if I want to just come down for the NOVA meeting on Sunday I can pick it up then. I'm hoping to bum a ride from Ed and Mel.

PS - Mazda Miatas are really small. That is what I am driving while my Jeep is away and I don't like the fact that at stoplights I have to look up to see the door handles on a minivan.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2010, 02:02:33 AM »
PS - Mazda Miatas are really small. That is what I am driving while my Jeep is away and I don't like the fact that at stoplights I have to look up to see the door handles on a minivan.

LOL... how about your knees are they rubbing the steering wheel?
'89, 4.2, NUTTERED, Team Rush, 4" Lift, 1" BL, 1" MML & HD shackles , Flat Belly Skid, SYE, 36 x 13.50s
XRC8, 150w KC's, Herculined, Tauras Elec Fan, Dual Batteries, Aussie in front, 8.8, TJ flares & Spool in rear, topless all of the time!