Author Topic: Virginia Mud  (Read 1906 times)

Offline B52BUFF

• Rock Crawler
Virginia Mud
« on: May 13, 2010, 12:17:31 PM »
Hi guys,
I know it has been a while and I'm sorry.  I haven't had a great semester this time around and will be taking classes this summer but have made sure there are no Tuesday or Saturday classes.  I am currently down in Virginia for my grandmother's funeral.  This wasn't a suprise.  She was 98 years old but alzhiemers had taken her from us a few years ago and Saturday the shell of her finally passed.
So anyway, my cousin has undeveloped land down here in the Cheaspeake area and we decided to take the TJ back and have a little fun.  These are just a couple of mobile picks from cell phones. Once I get home I will be able to transfer pictures I have on my camera.  The running joke since yesterday is the word "LEFT" being that I did not take the advise of my cousin, the bald one, and stay to the left.

Offline B52BUFF

• Rock Crawler
Re: Virginia Mud
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 12:24:49 PM »
You will notice that the top is up in the front on shot.  I put it up after I got tired of being rained on every time I gave it gas.  Once I get home and download the pictures from my camera you will be able to see why it was bothering me. 
A few changes to note.  I have put new tires on her.  I bought 31's.  Money has once again become tight and so instead of putting a lift on it I put the 31's on and will put off the lift until after I find work.  I have also taken off the lights I had on the hood.  I still think it is a good idea but the lights themselves were crap.  One had filled with water and another had cracked.  I will do it again but with lights that are of better quality.  My next purchase just may be a new bumper and a winch.  That would have been very helpful in this situation.  I am not sure about a high lift jack but it will be considered also.  I will be on now more often.  Talk to you all soon.

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 02:19:52 PM »
Looks like your cousin's property is well used for wheelin. It will be good to see you on the boards more often. Sounds like you are taking it one step at a time with the mods and that's what you need to do on a limited budget. It would be nice to throw a few grand at it to have everything you want, but I don't know anybody that can do that. We have to build our rigs to meet our needs.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline WillC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 11:51:45 PM »
You missed the Old Bronco trail ride earlier this year,  we can get you stuck better than that..... :D
 See you on the trail soon.

Offline B52BUFF

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 05:32:12 AM »
I look forward to having you try to get me stuck better than that.

Offline B52BUFF

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 10:25:53 PM »
This was the inside which I still need to clean up.

Yes the mud is on the inside of the windshield

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 10:34:08 PM »
That is the reason I'm not a fan of mud bogging unless I have the top and doors on my Jeep. The clean up afterward isn't worth the fun while you're doing it.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline B52BUFF

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 11:01:25 PM »
Truth be told I did not go back with then intention of going mudding.  It started out to be just going back to see his land and plan for ATVing the next day.  The mudding was unplanned. 

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2010, 11:57:20 PM »
Truth be told I did not go back with then intention of going mudding.  It started out to be just going back to see his land and plan for ATVing the next day.  The mudding was unplanned. 

But it was still fun, right!!!!
'89, 4.2, NUTTERED, Team Rush, 4" Lift, 1" BL, 1" MML & HD shackles , Flat Belly Skid, SYE, 36 x 13.50s
XRC8, 150w KC's, Herculined, Tauras Elec Fan, Dual Batteries, Aussie in front, 8.8, TJ flares & Spool in rear, topless all of the time!

Offline B52BUFF

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2010, 02:09:12 AM »
What made it fun was my cousin's whining 10 year old daughter getting showered in mud and then being mad because she had to go home and take a shower and there was nothing she could do or say to get out of it.

Offline gearhead1985B

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • the Snozberries taste like Snozberries
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2010, 12:34:48 AM »
i was stuck worse than that thats not stuck this is stuck
"If you can read this, Thank a Teacher, if you can read it in English, thank a SOLDIER"

https://www.masterpull.com/Index.aspx
http://www.taboocustoms.com/

Offline B52BUFF

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2010, 03:37:09 AM »
I was there and that is a goal I hope never to achieve.  STAY RIGHT was what I think you were told.  It would have been great if I could have pulled you out!