Author Topic: alignment  (Read 1394 times)

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
alignment
« on: April 02, 2010, 02:22:43 PM »
Seems like my camber is off maybe some toe in? Does anyone want to give me a hand with this today or saturday? Or have a garage they reccomend for alignment
Andy Doucette - A.K.A.(Douce)
W.O.J.

Offline Tsunami

• Rock Crawler
    • Tsunami's facebook
Re: alignment
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 03:28:01 PM »
norwich tire is who i usually go to, if not them then oxford treads
2010 mazdaspeed3

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 03:59:43 PM »
I've used Sears in the past and they do a good job, but Jeep alignments aren't that hard.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 04:41:39 PM »
If its camber like I think it is I would need to shim it correct? You can't adjust that can you?
W.O.J.

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 05:09:51 PM »
If its camber like I think it is I would need to shim it correct? You can't adjust that can you?

I believe you are correct. I've only adjusted toe and steering wheel alignment along with centering the axle in the wheel well with adjustible control arms.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline GreenGrandV8

• Mudd Hog
  • good ol jeep
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 05:26:43 AM »
i dont know much about doing my own alignments. havnt figured all that out yet lol. but if you do end up tryin to find a shop to go to i would recomend Landon's Tire in willimantic. most of the mechanics there drive jeeps n shit, so they pretty much know about the lifted rigs. decent price too. cant remember how much though. good luck
LOW RIDERS ARE FOR GUYS WHO CANT GET IT UP! oh ya

Offline Flex

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 12:43:08 AM »
Duece I know u have helped me align mine plenty of times this is an easy thing to do and can all be done by u and a friend. The toe adjustment it on ur tie rod and draglink ur caster, not camber(not adjustable on jeeps). Ur caster adjustment is where u mount the lca to the body and yes this requires shims but very easy to make. Anyways I leave on thursaday for 3 months I'm in Jacksonville right now but call me before then if u have any questions. There is a good forum on naxja for alignments, check frequently asked questions. Well good luck.

Nate
2000 XJ Sport 6.5 inch TNT Longarms, 36" IROK Radials, HP dana 30, Ford 8.8 aussie locker, 4.10s, front bumper with stinger and 9500 mile maker winch, Rock Sliders, OBA. full exo cage, chopped.
2005 F-150

-Nate

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 01:41:43 AM »
Nate the tie rod and were it mounts to dragling need to be tightened, but I'm also getting a clicking noise from the right side. Most likely uca bushings are shot, I will def call u if I need advise. If not have a good deployment and call me as soon as yah get into port. Smithwicks will be in order. Many of them!               
Douce out
W.O.J.