Author Topic: U's  (Read 1150 times)

Offline Tsunami

• Rock Crawler
    • Tsunami's facebook
U's
« on: April 02, 2010, 06:41:56 AM »
so, i am getting a knocking sound when i am turning and accelerating [not when i simply let off the clutch(also does it in reverse w/o accelerating, just letting off the clutch)], feels like and sounds like U-joints, any help would be appreciated, info and work that is... i have the whole weekend off, so if anyone wants to get together and give me some input, let me know!   otherwise, no wheelin for me til its fixed
2010 mazdaspeed3

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
Re: U's
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 01:53:17 PM »
Have you gotten underneath it yet and checked for slop in the rear driveshaft? I'm going to be around this weekend too. I have a small list of things I want to get done on my Jeep and I want to get the bike running for spring. If you want to give me a call or something Saturday I can take a look.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 02:26:38 PM »
I think we need a wrenching get together saturday.I'm having issues also. We need a garage though.anyone?
Andy Doucette - A.K.A.(Douce)
W.O.J.

Offline Tsunami

• Rock Crawler
    • Tsunami's facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 03:27:13 PM »
sound good roger, what time is good?, also, i may as well grab that cb off ya while i am there
2010 mazdaspeed3

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 03:57:51 PM »
If you want to give me a call around 11am or noon that would be fine.

Andy, I don't have a garage, but you are welcome to stop over also. What are you having trouble with?
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 04:38:48 PM »
Just my steering in general. I may just go get an alignment today after work. But I will prob come over and hang out for a bit tomorrow
W.O.J.

Offline GreenGrandV8

• Mudd Hog
  • good ol jeep
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 05:40:19 AM »
my buddies cherokee is doin the same type of thing... go under your jeep and twist the front drive-shaft back and forth and look for play in your axle shaft u-joints. if one is bad you can tell right away. dont even need to jack it up just grab the front driveshaft and try to spin it back and forth... maybe u will get lucky and thats all it will be. good luck
LOW RIDERS ARE FOR GUYS WHO CANT GET IT UP! oh ya

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 05:44:54 PM »
I've got a garage, but the Aspire will be in it for clutch replacement.  you are more than welcome to work in my driveway
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2010, 01:43:47 AM »
Thanks jeremy may take u up on that. It seems to be an upper ca bushing so I may have to order some
W.O.J.