Author Topic: sell or send???  (Read 963 times)

Offline Swagger

• Rock Crawler
sell or send???
« on: March 09, 2010, 11:17:00 PM »
So, here it is guys.  I'm due to get out of the NAVY in about ten months, and i dont know what to do about my situation.  i dont know how much it would cost to ship it home (to Texas) but i'm gonna guess it's gonna be somewhere around $900.  My other option is to try and sell it up here and pay off the loan just to get another vehicle when i eventually get to Texas.  It Blue books' at around 10,000 buckaroos, but there is stuff that cant be taken into acount by the generic options given by KBB. Like  the Bent bumber, or the ripped out carpet or the death wobble.  how you guys do it, and if you say sell it, how much would ya'll offer it up for to (a) someone who is well versed in jeeps and other general mechanical knowledge areas, and (b) to someone who doesn't know jac crap about jeeps except that they go in that direction and have four wheels on the ground.  Hit me up, soon.   Thanks.
FOR SALE:  2000 TJ with some stuff and uber low mileage.  $9500 obo. Come to Texas and buy my junk!!!

I like to smash things!!!!

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
Re: sell or send???
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 01:48:25 AM »
What about towing it home?  If you do a diddy move and get some help to load a U-haul, you could rent a trailer and put the Jeep on the trailer.  As along as you have help unloading when you get to Texas, the money made from a diddy move would more then pay for the renting of the trailer.

Or you an re-enlist ;)  I'll offer to the the ceremony on top of Ma-Bell if I'm in town.
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline Flex

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 01:49:58 AM »
What about towing it home?  If you do a diddy move and get some help to load a U-haul, you could rent a trailer and put the Jeep on the trailer.  As along as you have help unloading when you get to Texas, the money made from a diddy move would more then pay for the renting of the trailer.

Or you an re-enlist ;)  I'll offer to the the ceremony on top of Ma-Bell if I'm in town.

Dont re-enlist thats my $.02
2000 XJ Sport 6.5 inch TNT Longarms, 36" IROK Radials, HP dana 30, Ford 8.8 aussie locker, 4.10s, front bumper with stinger and 9500 mile maker winch, Rock Sliders, OBA. full exo cage, chopped.
2005 F-150

-Nate

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 02:07:39 AM »
check out the various shipping companies.  there are hundreds, if not thousands.  get some quotes; you might be surprised.

Biggest thing is how much you owe on it, how much it's worth, and how much you love it.
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 03:16:31 AM »
x2 on what Jeremy said. If you love having your Jeep and it isn't given you troubles it is worth getting it to Texas. With the auto market the way it is right now you'd be lucky to get KBB and not able to get out of your loan freely. A new vehicle starts the payment plan all over from the beginning verses already having some payments out of the way and being closer to owning a vehicle free and clear.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline gearhead1985B

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • the Snozberries taste like Snozberries
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 02:44:46 PM »
tow it
"If you can read this, Thank a Teacher, if you can read it in English, thank a SOLDIER"

https://www.masterpull.com/Index.aspx
http://www.taboocustoms.com/

Offline Swagger

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 08:39:08 PM »
 it looks like i'm gonna be towing it. My brother-in-law found one of those front bumper mounted two-point tow hitches. So looks like the Grand cherokee will be towing the wrangler the two thousand mile trek.  I didnt want to sell it in the first place. I love that thing to much, plus topless season is like 9 months long in my home town.  Only problem is, there is nowhere to wheel in south east Tejas.  Plenty of mud though.  And as far as reenlisting, I've already seriously considering that path, but eff that.  I aint dealing with this crap for another 5+ years.  Time to go back home and start over.  Too baqd i wont have my jeep when i get back from deployment to go wheeling with ya'll some more.  It was a short but fun ride while it lasted. 
FOR SALE:  2000 TJ with some stuff and uber low mileage.  $9500 obo. Come to Texas and buy my junk!!!

I like to smash things!!!!