Author Topic: Flex's Rig  (Read 4995 times)

Offline Flex

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
Flex's Rig
« on: January 24, 2010, 10:39:14 PM »

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG Mud-terrians
HP Dana 30 4.10 Solid Diff cover
Ford 8.8 4.10 Aussie Solid Diff Cover
Adjustable track bar with support
JKS Sway-bar discos
Rock Sliders
OBA
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 10:42:56 PM by Flex »
2000 XJ Sport 6.5 inch TNT Longarms, 36" IROK Radials, HP dana 30, Ford 8.8 aussie locker, 4.10s, front bumper with stinger and 9500 mile maker winch, Rock Sliders, OBA. full exo cage, chopped.
2005 F-150

-Nate

centralmasssamurai

Re: Flex's Rig
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 04:53:52 AM »
The EXO on Nates rig has begun,,here is a pic of it before,,no roof rack etc,,

Grill gaurd and forward supports:

The start of the large Halo,,,it goes 3/4 of the way around the truck,,this is 1 complete link 20' piece, not easy to handle that long,,its bulky and akward. obviousily its just resting there and will be lower etc...

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 11:50:54 PM »
this is going to make me really jealous nate, not gonna lie
Andy Doucette - A.K.A.(Douce)
W.O.J.

centralmasssamurai

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 04:33:20 AM »
Well,,I have been very busy cranking on the EXO,,,Ive laid about 130 or so feet of tube on this thing, in a few weeks, the interior X behind the seats is done the halo X is done all the exterior is pretty much done,,I need to complete the rear bed area X too hold the spare and a custom tubed rear tail gate, couple of lights and it will be done. here is a quixk cell phone pic,,dosnt show much detail but yaget the idea!!!

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 11:08:29 PM »
that is nasty, nate maybe just keep it black?
Andy Doucette - A.K.A.(Douce)
W.O.J.

Offline Flex

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 11:27:13 PM »
im thinking flat black and Kawasaki green cage.
2000 XJ Sport 6.5 inch TNT Longarms, 36" IROK Radials, HP dana 30, Ford 8.8 aussie locker, 4.10s, front bumper with stinger and 9500 mile maker winch, Rock Sliders, OBA. full exo cage, chopped.
2005 F-150

-Nate

centralmasssamurai

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2010, 12:38:57 PM »
Nate,,im headed to the shop here shortly,,I got your lights for the back last eve,, nuttin crazy just basic stop turn and tail lights,,easy too replace if they smashed , but im thinking Ill be able too stuff them in where the old ones went and keeo them out of harms way(hopefully) that depends on you and your backing up skills!!!!
   Also for what its worth on the cage color, I think Kawasaki green is a great idea,,it will make the cage POP out and look very kool,,which I want it to do so people see it and ask ,,hey who did your cage?? and ya give them my contact info.
   HOWEVER: If you do it green keep in mind it is going to stick out BIG TIME, that means local people that dont wheel and dont care for US wheeling folks are going to see it more also,,also the police will see it coming down the road & I dont know how strict they are about 4wheeling laws where you live, but they might not like the cage. Im telling you this just for a heads up!  If it is not an issue or concern Id say lime green ;D  You should have yer rig back too you in just a few days!!!! wheeling season is just around the corner,,get this ready too wheel and lets put down some tracks!!!! 8)

Offline Flex

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2010, 05:59:28 PM »
thats a good point im not sure what the rules are on a cage, but i do have Tennessee plates so that may keep them from giving me to much crap since theres not a whole let of rules in TN for cars on the road.
2005 F-150

-Nate

centralmasssamurai

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2010, 02:16:50 AM »
OK ,,,,,ALMOST finished the rig today,,long dayyyyyy I got the full exo all done  ;D fully welded ready to go,,it took alot longer than expected to do the rear X the way Nate wanted it to land on the outside of the body onto the rear quarter hoop...landing the X there was difficult due to the fact I had to put an akward bend @ 68 degrees with a rotation upward enough to land it onto the halo high enough to keep it above the roof line so there was enough room for him to be able to fit a canvas top under the rear X to close it in from the weather or to keep his compressor & gear dry etc...

Im trying to send a pic from my phone so I can post the most recient pic,,but its not working...if I get it Ill post it later, we also trimmed the roof line back to the finish spot today also.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 02:38:21 AM by centralmasssamurai »

centralmasssamurai

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2010, 02:35:37 PM »
this is how he wanted the back,

Offline Swagger

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2010, 07:27:30 PM »
dude, that thing is lookin sick.  I'm so jealous of you.  makes me wish i still had my 89' commanche    ;D
FOR SALE:  2000 TJ with some stuff and uber low mileage.  $9500 obo. Come to Texas and buy my junk!!!

I like to smash things!!!!

centralmasssamurai

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2010, 12:20:41 PM »
Nate, I cant wait to see what color you do the cage, make sure you post up pix and send me some to my Email  centralmasamurai@aol.com  Im having a web sight made for the cages etc I do Ill put your rig in it!!!!!  Wheeling season is just about here,,have fun be safe!!!

Offline Flex

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2010, 03:52:18 PM »
yea ill send some pics for sure im painting the cage today.
2005 F-150

-Nate

Offline WillC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2010, 03:10:57 PM »
ttt