Author Topic: one ton xj steering  (Read 949 times)

Offline xjjeeper

• Trail Queen
one ton xj steering
« on: January 19, 2010, 01:37:08 AM »
So my first real thing to my build will be steering. What do you all think about currie steering i might be buying there one ton next week for my xj im trying to get it ready for rc in spring. But stuff gets done as money comes in.

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
Re: one ton xj steering
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 02:22:23 AM »
I really like the Currie system for XJs. If you go to NAXJA or other XJ boards you will see nothing but praise over this system. It's basically a beefed up stock steering system, but even more beefed than the ZJ upgrade. The downside to this system is that the TREs are specific to Currie only and they are expensive to replace if you ever have to. I think Nate is thinking about going with the Ironrock steering system over the knuckle with heim joints on his XJ. I just ordered a JCR one ton steering system for my TJ, but I'm going under the knuckle since the axle I'm putting in my TJ is already reamed from the bottom for chevy one ton tie rod ends.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline Flex

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
Re: one ton xj steering
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 11:03:28 PM »
http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=IROR&Product_Code=IR-TOTKS

This is the kit roger was referencing its completely bolt on which makes it nice and its over the knuckle, which is super cool to my knowledge this is the only bolt on over knuckle kit that they make.

Nate
2000 XJ Sport 6.5 inch TNT Longarms, 36" IROK Radials, HP dana 30, Ford 8.8 aussie locker, 4.10s, front bumper with stinger and 9500 mile maker winch, Rock Sliders, OBA. full exo cage, chopped.
2005 F-150

-Nate