Author Topic: Silverado vs The Liberty  (Read 1164 times)

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
Silverado vs The Liberty
« on: November 03, 2009, 01:47:51 AM »
Jess was driving back from MD yesterday and was rear ended by a newer Chevy Silverado on the GW Bridge in NY.  Traffic came to a stop, Jess stopped, but the Silverado never did and hit her and pushed her into the car in front of her.  EVERYONE IS OK.  The Silverado's hood was pushed back and peaked like a mountain, the grill was gone, the head light was gone, and the front bumper was knocked off and had to be towed away.  The car in front of Jess had a dented rear bumper and a few scratches, but not bad. 

So how did the Liberty do? lets just say you have to look pretty hard to find the damage.  It looks like the spare tire took most of the hit and it bent the mount slightly and might have dented the tailgate a little, but it is hard to tell.  The rear bumper is pushed down just a little, about 1/2 or less.  The Navy hitch cover was snapped off and the spare tire cover has a 2" tear.  The front license plate had some of the blue paint rub off, but that was it.  The cop couldn't believe that Jess' Jeep was fine.  When he saw all the SIlverado parts on the road he ordered 2 tow trucks before he even walked up thinking that all the crap on the road was from 2 vehicles.

This is the 3rd time in 15 years that one of our Jeeps have been rear ended ( My old YJ and Jess' TJ) and every time we were able to drive away and the vehicle that hit us had to be towed away.  It's stuff like this that make we want to buy a Jeep for my kids when they turn 16 ( plus I'll have another one to play with). ;)
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
Re: Silverado vs The Liberty
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 02:56:19 AM »
Glad to hear that Jess is ok and that there wasn't much damage to the Liberty. I did buy my daughter a Cherokee and then a Liberty, which is what I plan on her taking off to college. I feel comfortable with her driving the Jeep on the snowy roads in Michigan this winter.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 03:51:46 AM »
I'm gald everyone is OK.  Reminds me of when i was in college and backed into a RAM w/ my camaro.  $350 damage to the truck, $0 to the camaro :)
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 06:48:04 AM »
wow! glad every one is ok. must have been a bit scary for her.

Offline CnoteTJ

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 03:08:28 PM »
glad she is ok!  kinda similar--> earlier this fall a dominoes delivery driver backed into me with his ford ranger in Navy housing, damabe to jeep, marred powdercoat on front bumper...damage to ranger, the rear bumper was totally pushed up and into his tailgate, to top it off he had a suspended license and no insurance!!!
2011 Black Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4" FT Long Arm w/ CRC link and 35" MTR/K's
Some armor and performance goodies!

www.northridge4x4.com    www.offroadevolution.com   www.full-traction.com

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 03:56:12 PM »
glad she is ok!  kinda similar--> earlier this fall a dominoes delivery driver backed into me with his ford ranger in Navy housing, damabe to jeep, marred powdercoat on front bumper...damage to ranger, the rear bumper was totally pushed up and into his tailgate, to top it off he had a suspended license and no insurance!!!

You would think Dominos would screen their delivery drivers a little more than that.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline Tsunami

• Rock Crawler
    • Tsunami's facebook
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 05:34:22 PM »
yeah on my way out to the jeep rally this year.... wait, i think everyone knows this one :P
2010 mazdaspeed3

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 11:16:49 PM »
yeah on my way out to the jeep rally this year.... wait, i think everyone knows this one :P
LOL!!!!

Kirk Glad to here Jess was ok, the GW is a scary place to have an accident!
'89, 4.2, NUTTERED, Team Rush, 4" Lift, 1" BL, 1" MML & HD shackles , Flat Belly Skid, SYE, 36 x 13.50s
XRC8, 150w KC's, Herculined, Tauras Elec Fan, Dual Batteries, Aussie in front, 8.8, TJ flares & Spool in rear, topless all of the time!

Offline BayouGold

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2009, 11:08:59 PM »
LOL!!!!

Kirk Glad to here Jess was ok, the GW is a scary place to have an accident!

x2
'01 TJ 60th Anniversary Edition

Offline gearhead1985B

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • the Snozberries taste like Snozberries
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2009, 12:20:08 AM »
glad to hear everthing is ok just think insurance check= jeep mods
"If you can read this, Thank a Teacher, if you can read it in English, thank a SOLDIER"

https://www.masterpull.com/Index.aspx
http://www.taboocustoms.com/