Author Topic: rubicon express vs clayton off road  (Read 6271 times)

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
Re: rubicon express vs clayton off road
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2009, 12:06:49 AM »
Oh come on we all know my ridiculous low cog rig is running 33x12.50s on 3 inches of lift. Yeah I cut the fenders and I still smoosh the fronts in pretty good at full flex, but its whatever. If i trim up the front some more and slap on some TJ front flares I'll have little to no issues. With 4-4.5 you will sit pretty. You can trim, Its really not that hard and then just drill holes and put your stock flares back on. ALso what backspacing do you plan on running and how wide will the tires be. I ahve 4 inch backspace, and 12.50s and I rub me lower control arms. Just my .02.
Andy Doucette - A.K.A.(Douce)
W.O.J.

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2009, 06:05:57 AM »
i have no idea what my backspacing is i but i was going to run like 33x10.5 or 11.5 im not sure whatcha guys think? and yeah i just ordered a heavy duty steering upgrade and an adjustable track bar and RE sway bar disconnects. im already doing the tj flares (remember? that was my idea) so i've got about 1 1/4" cut out but im just going to wheel it and see how it rides, if im smashing it up then i'll get some bump stops.
1982 CJ7-stock

Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them.

Offline gearhead1985B

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • the Snozberries taste like Snozberries
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2009, 07:18:03 AM »
i have no idea what my backspacing is i but i was going to run like 33x10.5 or 11.5 im not sure whatcha guys think? and yeah i just ordered a heavy duty steering upgrade and an adjustable track bar and RE sway bar disconnects. im already doing the tj flares (remember? that was my idea) so i've got about 1 1/4" cut out but im just going to wheel it and see how it rides, if im smashing it up then i'll get some bump stops.

you will not smash any thing at the mall unless you hit a tree

wait you already did that
"If you can read this, Thank a Teacher, if you can read it in English, thank a SOLDIER"

https://www.masterpull.com/Index.aspx
http://www.taboocustoms.com/