Author Topic: Jeep Problems  (Read 2362 times)

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
Re: Jeep Problems
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2009, 12:30:55 AM »
No i don't like The polly mounts i ripped out The polly mount The first Time i went out so i warrantied it and i did it again on The run Up at gutter so Then i went with an oem style and it has lasted ever since The poly mount i had was from energy suspension and had Two bolts That ran into The mount and The oem has Two studs That go into The mount and it is about a quarter inch shorter Than The poly mount

Hate to rain on your parade Little Adam, but after experiencing some "clunking" noises under the jeep i checked the tranny mount and... you guessed it, the factory mount I had just put in a few months ago is broken! the rubber ripped right in half. to look at it it looks fine, but jack up the tranny and half the mount goes with the tranny and the other half stays on the cross member!
'89, 4.2, NUTTERED, Team Rush, 4" Lift, 1" BL, 1" MML & HD shackles , Flat Belly Skid, SYE, 36 x 13.50s
XRC8, 150w KC's, Herculined, Tauras Elec Fan, Dual Batteries, Aussie in front, 8.8, TJ flares & Spool in rear, topless all of the time!

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
Re: Jeep Problems
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2009, 12:44:41 AM »
I haven't even had a chance to look at mine yet. As long as I keep it on the street I'm not having a problem with it. Hopefully we'll have a nice weekend or two in December and I'll get a chance to play with it and determine if the mount is bad or not.
1994 YJ on 37s