Author Topic: CB woes  (Read 1939 times)

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
CB woes
« on: November 06, 2009, 02:40:21 AM »
As many of  you who did the trip to mohawk this year learned, my CB has had issues.  I just installed an in-line noise filter to see if it will work now.  Guess i'll be testing it on Roger on Sat.  Lets hope this works!!
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master
Re: CB woes
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 03:05:06 AM »
awesome, good luck with that.

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 03:48:22 AM »
I still have to figure out where I'm going to mount my antenna. It was mounted to the old rear bumper. I have an idea, but don't know if it will work or not. I'm planning to work on it tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully I'll get it set up so it has some reception.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 03:29:30 PM »
I still have to figure out where I'm going to mount my antenna. It was mounted to the old rear bumper. I have an idea, but don't know if it will work or not. I'm planning to work on it tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully I'll get it set up so it has some reception.

If you want to come over tonight, we can try to fix it in the light.  And do some testing.  I also have a bunch of FRS radios that we can use if the CBs don't work.
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 03:56:42 PM »
I'm taking the afternoon off from work so I'll start working on it. I also have a SWR meter here at the house to see what kind of numbers I get. Keep the radios on standby just in case.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 06:06:36 PM »
I'm taking the afternoon off from work so I'll start working on it. I also have a SWR meter here at the house to see what kind of numbers I get. Keep the radios on standby just in case.

Bring your SWR meter, and maybe if there is a little time after the wheel swap, i can do a little tuning :)

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 06:45:33 PM »

Bring your SWR meter, and maybe if there is a little time after the wheel swap, i can do a little tuning :)

I'll do. I have it sitting on the sidewalk next to the Jeep right now for when I finish up installing the antenna. Right now it's time for a lunch break.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline gearhead1985B

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • the Snozberries taste like Snozberries
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2009, 07:47:35 PM »
Rodger how did that rear bumper turn out
"If you can read this, Thank a Teacher, if you can read it in English, thank a SOLDIER"

https://www.masterpull.com/Index.aspx
http://www.taboocustoms.com/

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2009, 08:42:59 PM »
Rodger how did that rear bumper turn out

Rear bumper is on and all set. It turned out good. I'm actually filing out holes so I can get all the bolts in the front bumper this afternoon also. I want everything to be set before going to the canned food drive tomorrow and I was tired of my front bumper missing a bolt. I may just need to pull off of it some day.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2009, 11:06:03 PM »
how did the antenna install go?

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2009, 12:03:15 AM »
how did the antenna install go?

The antenna is on, but according to my SWR meter it's not working very well. I've never been able to tune it as well as I had it tuned on my XJ. I think it will work some, but I probably won't have a lot of range.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2009, 07:08:36 PM »
Update: My CB is working great!  Roger, you still need some work to get your transmissions clear.  They worked OK away from civilization, but not so hot in town.

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2009, 02:47:37 AM »
hard to get a clear transmission when the mic is in your mouth, lol.