Author Topic: Lift Preparations  (Read 3061 times)

Offline BayouGold

• Rock Crawler
Re: Lift Preparations
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2009, 03:08:25 AM »
i'm about to sell my springs & tires/wheels & upgrade to 5" & 35's. make you a killer deal
'01 TJ 60th Anniversary Edition

Offline Seabee_BUC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Yeah she's fast...Terrible in the rocks I'm sure!
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2009, 07:27:00 AM »
i'm about to sell my springs & tires/wheels & upgrade to 5" & 35's. make you a killer deal

What are you upgrading to Geoff???

Offline B52BUFF

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2009, 02:17:32 PM »

I still have to figure out how to stash the funds so the wife (BS in Accounting) doesn't suspect anything. 

Offline B52BUFF

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2009, 02:18:15 PM »
How high is the lift and what size are the tires and rims?

Offline Sandbox Sailor

• Mudd Hog
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2009, 02:20:12 AM »
So everyone recommends at least a 3 inch lift.  Just remember that I have to be able to get the kids and the wife in and out of it.  I will start looking around for a 3" suspension lift.  What size tires will that allow?

At any rate, which ever way you go, we will gladly help you out. I have personally put a Rock Krawler 7" long-arm triangulate 4-link onto a TJ, and there is a lot more experience in the club. We will be happy to help.

WHAT????

What I was saying is I put a 7" lift kit in a 2004 Wrangler. It was manufactured by Rock Krawler (www.rockkrawler.com). It was a 7" X-factor kit. It is a long arm kit that replaces all control arms in the suspension, and in the rear it triangulates them (makes a triangle shape instead of all the arms being parallel) so you do not need a track bar. That gives you a lot more flex in the rear. But mostly what I was getting at is I have experience lifting TJ's and am more than willing to help.

Offline B52BUFF

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2009, 03:13:18 AM »
Thank you for the offer and dumbing down the techno-speak for me. ;D