Author Topic: slight vibration  (Read 1096 times)

Offline footman

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
slight vibration
« on: October 02, 2009, 01:17:17 AM »
Hey guys just wondering if you could throw out some ideas.  So after installing my new driveshaft I have a slight vibration.  I rechecked pinion and driveshaft angles, both are 19 degrees.  What else could it be?

Offline zjorvis97

• Mudd Hog
Re: slight vibration
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 01:55:57 AM »
is the drive shaft banlanced?

Offline footman

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 02:54:37 AM »
its balanced

Offline zjorvis97

• Mudd Hog
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 04:00:34 AM »
i would suggest a wheel bearing then maybe. I have the same issue with my front drive shaft. Thats why i took it off, then it stoped. I got it balanced and pick it up tomorrow. I have no idea... anyone else?

Offline gearhead1985B

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • the Snozberries taste like Snozberries
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 04:18:19 AM »
is every thing tight can you isolate it is coming from the front or the back since your tj's front drive shaft spins all the time remove it and see if the vibes go away if they do balance your front drive shaft Because that was not replaced when you did your lift also when did you have your tires balanced
"If you can read this, Thank a Teacher, if you can read it in English, thank a SOLDIER"

https://www.masterpull.com/Index.aspx
http://www.taboocustoms.com/

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 04:24:54 AM »
I think I got rid of my deathwobble today. I tightened the pitman arm on the steering box and got the tires balanced and it seems as though vibrations are gone and deathwobble is gone from 35-40mph. If you haven't had your tires balanced in a while it's something to think about, especially if you have slices and chunks taken out of your tread from the rocks.
1994 YJ on 37s

PaulW

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 01:18:35 AM »
What speed does it vibrate?  does it get worse up to  65 then smooth  out at 75plus? if  so its tire balance. if  not you  have  an  issue with another  rotating mass.