Author Topic: Bit of ZJ advice  (Read 1071 times)

Offline Seabee_BUC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Yeah she's fast...Terrible in the rocks I'm sure!
Bit of ZJ advice
« on: October 01, 2009, 03:36:42 AM »
So I have a buddy here in class with a 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo. He came here to CA from I don't know where but is telling me his wheel bearings on both sides are bad. It's got 170K miles on it so I'm guessing they're the originals. I can change a TJ unit bearing but have not done a ZJ. Is there a difference?  ??? If not, then it's going to require removal of the front axle shafts to get the unit bearing off, correct?? Thanks for any input fellas....

Oh, and I took him wheeling last Sunday(not knowing he needed wheel bearings :-\) and he ripped the front bumper right off the damn truck, backing out of a mudhole...I tried to get him to stop but he panicked thinking he was going to get stuck and hit the gas, going backwards, dragging the bumper on the center of the ruts, folding the bumper right out from under the front of the Jeep...Damn funniest thing I've seen...He just laughed too...

PaulW

Re: Bit of ZJ advice
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 03:38:55 AM »
procedure from the tj to zj is the same

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 04:07:41 AM »
procedure from the tj to zj is the same

x2 They should be the same procedure.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline zjorvis97

• Mudd Hog
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 04:09:09 AM »
I just did both my wheel bearings on my ZJ. It didn't fix my problem but they are new. Its the breaks, 3 bolts and the nut. Those bumpers do fall off easy, thats why i got a different one. But if your freind is having issues with a vibration, it might be his drive shaft. I thought my wheel bearings were bad, but after i replaced both i found out it was my drive shaft all along.

Offline Seabee_BUC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Yeah she's fast...Terrible in the rocks I'm sure!
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 09:44:59 PM »
Thanks Guys....  ;)