Author Topic: i need your opinions  (Read 1098 times)

Offline gearhead1985B

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • the Snozberries taste like Snozberries
i need your opinions
« on: September 25, 2009, 04:54:55 PM »
Looking at my rig with the 2.5 inch springs on it i realized i can clear 35's if i would highLine my fenders so my options are

1 continue with plans to go soa on 37's more costly bigger meaner Looking go any where no problems

OR

2 make plans to do a home brew highline and run 35's find an 8.8 and a dana 30 with 4.10's  fab all that up make some rock sliders and Beat the hell out of it and i can sell my 60 and 44 and then flip the dana 300

option 2 is the the cheaper of the two and i Like the Look of HIghline fenders Let me Know what you think
"If you can read this, Thank a Teacher, if you can read it in English, thank a SOLDIER"

https://www.masterpull.com/Index.aspx
http://www.taboocustoms.com/

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
Re: i need your opinions
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 05:28:32 PM »
is the dana 44 a left or right drop?  I'm guessing the 60 is rear?
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 06:10:18 PM »
is the dana 44 a left or right drop?  I'm guessing the 60 is rear?

x2 and what is the gearing.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline gearhead1985B

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • the Snozberries taste like Snozberries
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 07:00:39 PM »
They will need regeared and i got the dana 300 to take care of the passenger side drop of the front axle
"If you can read this, Thank a Teacher, if you can read it in English, thank a SOLDIER"

https://www.masterpull.com/Index.aspx
http://www.taboocustoms.com/

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 02:03:35 AM »
They will need regeared and i got the dana 300 to take care of the passenger side drop of the front axle

That sucks; if it was driver, i would want it :)
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 06:38:28 PM »
Where do you plan to wheel it?  In FL, where you will be in thick mud and a narrow track angle is not a concern.   Thick mud also doesn't care about a low center of gravity.  In FL you would be better off SOA, full width axles, 37's etc...

In the Northeast I haven't seen too many Jeeps on full width axles since a lot of the trails are tight and you can end up in some off camber situations.  Axle was running 37's but told me he wished he had some system to winch down on the front axle to stabilize the Jeep on steep climbs. 

If you decide that you only want 2.5" of lift and 35's you will need a LOT of trimming.  I have 4.5" of suspension lift, 1" body lift, TJ flairs(good for at least 1"), and I still had to trim 2" out of my rear wheel wells ( That's about 8.5" with everything).  With 2.5" of lift you would be looking at cutting about 6", which most high lines are only good for 3-4, and in the rear you can only cut about 3" before cutting into the inner fender well which opens a whole different can of worms. 

My Advice look at the hundreds of Jeeps you will see tommorrow, I'm sure you will get some ideas.
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT