Author Topic: Great Showing at the Rally  (Read 1053 times)

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
Great Showing at the Rally
« on: September 28, 2009, 02:27:32 AM »
It was great to see that JT4x4 rolled in with 12 Jeeps this year!!!!  Included in the group were two guys that were brand new to JT4x4 and I hope that Chuck and Mike will be making back for a few more events.  It was also great to see how many of the guys brought their kids, brothers, girlfriend, wife, friends, dogs etc... 

For those that didn't make it, the rain held off most of the day, but attendance was down from last year.  My guess is that there were 350 Jeeps there.  The change to 3 different rock/obstacle courses was nice to see since it kept the action going.  No breakage from our club, but we did see an XJ break a ball joint and a Liberty get stuck so bad they were using a bulldozer and 2 other Jeeps with winches to try and get it off.  The number of vendors was down, but there was still enough temptation to spend some money.  Clubs that were registered (not us) were given space inside the vendor area to advertise for their club.  Next year we really should try and push to get some space in there. 

Special Thanks goes out to Andy- Deuce for getting the J4x4 banner back from Jon.  We had it up all day and could be seen from a ways off. 
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline Tsunami

• Rock Crawler
    • Tsunami's facebook
Re: Great Showing at the Rally
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 02:38:11 AM »
It was great to see that JT4x4 rolled in with 12 Jeeps this year!!!!  Included in the group were two guys that were brand new to JT4x4 and I hope that Chuck and Mike will be making back for a few more events.  It was also great to see how many of the guys brought their kids, brothers, girlfriend, wife, friends, dogs etc... 

For those that didn't make it, the rain held off most of the day, but attendance was down from last year.  My guess is that there were 350 Jeeps there.  The change to 3 different rock/obstacle courses was nice to see since it kept the action going.  No breakage from our club, but we did see an XJ break a ball joint and a Liberty get stuck so bad they were using a bulldozer and 2 other Jeeps with winches to try and get it off.  The number of vendors was down, but there was still enough temptation to spend some money.  Clubs that were registered (not us) were given space inside the vendor area to advertise for their club.  Next year we really should try and push to get some space in there. 

Special Thanks goes out to Andy- Deuce for getting the J4x4 banner back from Jon.  We had it up all day and could be seen from a ways off. 
scotch thanx you for mentioning him...lmao   yeah, great turn out, great time, our lil mud ride went off without a hitch also, mikes stock TJ had no issues except that his tires couldnt get any mud on his jeep because they are too small... so i stopped and spit some on for him, needless to say, i think he is hooked and will be making efforts to become a member 8)
2010 mazdaspeed3

dannyzucko

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 03:10:50 AM »
Thanks guys for the invite I had a great time at the rally. Picked up a high-lift and a 3 inch lift so definatly a good day.  Brought the wife and a couple of friends with us they had a good time got alittle bored neer the end of the rally but then we went to volentown for some muddin so they were happy.  Again thanks for the invite hope to go alot more with you guys.

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 04:33:15 AM »
Hey guy's,
Good day despite the rain, but I did break on the way home. Threw the rear yoke while on the hi-way right at exit 13, I know I had something wrong! Good thing for the SYE, made it home "Ed style", front wheel drive, after removing the drive shaft! I should have it repaired by the weekend so looking forward to Ma Bell.
'89, 4.2, NUTTERED, Team Rush, 4" Lift, 1" BL, 1" MML & HD shackles , Flat Belly Skid, SYE, 36 x 13.50s
XRC8, 150w KC's, Herculined, Tauras Elec Fan, Dual Batteries, Aussie in front, 8.8, TJ flares & Spool in rear, topless all of the time!

Offline B52BUFF

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 05:45:05 PM »
Thanks for letting me tag along.  It was an all around fun day.  Got lots of free stuff, and watched as everyone proved their worth on the rock courses.  I also got to listen to things I had no clue on but everyone was more than willing to explain.  I am now trying to figure out a way to stockpile money without the accountant (wife) finding out until it is too late.  I want a lift and bigger tires.  I think by the spring I may pull it off. Of course that is for a different thread.  I will post the pics and vids soon.  Thanks again and I will hopefully see you at Ma Bell

Offline WillC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 06:18:28 PM »
482 paid Jeep entries at the gate, plus an estimated 50 volunteer Jeeps

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 11:09:51 PM »
482 paid Jeep entries at the gate, plus an estimated 50 volunteer Jeeps

2008 had some where in the 625 range.  I guess the rain kept a few people from comming.
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT