Author Topic: Hope its not raining tomorrow  (Read 1485 times)

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
Hope its not raining tomorrow
« on: September 11, 2009, 03:40:43 AM »
I hope a get a little fair weather time tomorrow after work. I need to replace the TPS on my Jeep. Sometimes it won't idle and other times it races. Kirk pulled the code on my Check Engine light and the TPS came up so I got to get that done before the trip Saturday. I've also picked up deathwobble from 30-40mph so I need to go through the front end and tighten everything up. Today when I drove it on the highway it felt like I was driving on the rumble strips the entire time. I don't know where this vibration came from, but I have a feeling it has something to do with the squeaking that has become really bad in the back end. I hope it's not a ujoint in the rear driveshaft. I guess these are the things you get with a used Jeep. I just have to work all the bugs out.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
Re: Hope its not raining tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 03:44:27 AM »
I hope I can hit a clear window of no rain too, I have the Harley with me up in NH and it's my only way home.  Riding in the rain SUCKS!!!  Good thing I packed my rain gear. :P
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 03:47:49 AM »
I hope I can hit a clear window of no rain too, I have the Harley with me up in NH and it's my only way home.  Riding in the rain SUCKS!!!  Good thing I packed my rain gear. :P

Is it kinda like Jim Carey in Me Myself and Irene? you know were the bugs keep hitting him in the face? ;D
Andy Doucette - A.K.A.(Douce)
W.O.J.

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 03:58:42 AM »
Roger, feel free to use my garage tomorrow if need be.  I'll be totaly worn out; doing charity work w/ my company all day outside (building fences, pulling stumps, felling trees, etc, etc)
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline B52BUFF

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 01:59:03 PM »
Sorry

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 02:19:38 PM »
Roger, feel free to use my garage tomorrow if need be.  I'll be totaly worn out; doing charity work w/ my company all day outside (building fences, pulling stumps, felling trees, etc, etc)

Thanks Jeremy. I don't know if I'll be able to make it out there though. I have to work up at the church from 5-7 tonight too. If I don't catch a window to work at the house I may work on it in the parking deck at work.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline WillC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 07:18:43 PM »
Roger,  If you want we can use the big garage here, after 5pm today.

Offline gearhead1985B

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • the Snozberries taste like Snozberries
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009, 08:20:59 PM »
if you need a hand give me a call i pmed you my number
"If you can read this, Thank a Teacher, if you can read it in English, thank a SOLDIER"

https://www.masterpull.com/Index.aspx
http://www.taboocustoms.com/

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2009, 03:46:02 AM »
It is 160+ miles door to door for my commute home.  It rained for about 140 of those miles, and traffic on 495 was crazy.  I was soaked and cold when I got home almost 4 hours after I left.  :'(
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2009, 04:26:01 AM »
Vibration and squeaking is fixed as of tonight as well as the TPS changed out. Thanks to Will for letting me borrow his overgrown garage. I brought my tools with me to work today and did a couple laps around the parking deck to isolate the vibration, which continued to get worse. It was definately coming from the rear driveshaft. I pulled it out before I left work and the rear ujoint was toast. The caps were all busted up and two of the posts were about half worn away. I drove it in 4wd to pick up a ujoint and then worked on it at Will's. It was the ujoint squeeking until it developed enough slop to create the vibration.

Driving Jeep in front wheel drive with a lunchbox locker is interesting. Everytime you shift it jerks the wheel just about out of your hand.
1994 YJ on 37s