Author Topic: September Meeting Tuesday, 9/1  (Read 1607 times)

Offline moosin

• Trail Boss
  • Trail Master
September Meeting Tuesday, 9/1
« on: September 01, 2009, 01:04:42 PM »
Hi Everyone!

Sorry for the delay, been crazy.

JT4x4's September meeting will be held on Tuesday, September 1 at 7:00 PM at the Dinosaur Place on Route 85.

Hope you all can make it

Ed & Mel

Offline footman

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
Re: September Meeting Tuesday, 9/1
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 08:25:10 PM »
Hey Will and Rocket.  Do you guys think it would be a good idea to bring your camera and that video screen so if the car show is going on people can see what we do?

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 08:31:47 PM »
I haven't heard anything from Will, but I know Jeremy wasn't sure if he was going to make it tonight or not.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 09:03:51 PM »
I'm not gonna make it, got better ways to spend tonight ;)
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline zjorvis97

• Mudd Hog
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 11:34:04 PM »
Not going to make it, i am back, however tho i am on duty.

Offline smaug1911

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 12:08:43 AM »
Jeremy must have a date.

....What is his name?
97 V6 Tacoma TRD. 2.5" front coil spacers. 3.5' Downey leaf springs, 2" 4Crawler body Lift, rear Bilstein 5125's, 35" BFG KM2's, Skid row transfer skid, Ocean State Crawlers front winch bumper, custom rear bumper, Kajobuilt sliders, deckplate mod, grey wire mod, Smittybilt XRC8.

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 01:55:14 AM »
Sorry Guy's,
I just got the email.
See you at the next event
'89, 4.2, NUTTERED, Team Rush, 4" Lift, 1" BL, 1" MML & HD shackles , Flat Belly Skid, SYE, 36 x 13.50s
XRC8, 150w KC's, Herculined, Tauras Elec Fan, Dual Batteries, Aussie in front, 8.8, TJ flares & Spool in rear, topless all of the time!

Offline Swagger

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 04:01:15 PM »
sorry i didnt make it last night. three inch launcher breech ring wouldnt shut, so we had to cancel our hydro on it.  ended up leaving the boat at 2215 last night.  so our cheif gave us the morning off.  but anyway.  any news i need to be brought up to speed on?  when's the next cruise in/wheelin trip/event gonna be held?  i really am pissed off that havent been able to make anything for the past four months.  i have a duty free weekend comin up, so wassup.  any one up for some medium wheelin? i am.  lemme know.
FOR SALE:  2000 TJ with some stuff and uber low mileage.  $9500 obo. Come to Texas and buy my junk!!!

I like to smash things!!!!

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 04:24:15 PM »
Swagger,
Check out the meeting minutes from last night. It has all of the upcoming events for September. We are looking for a few people to do a little work at BTC this coming Monday morning at 10am in preparation for LIOR to wheel it in a couple weeks and then we'll probably make a run over to FredRock for a little wheeling.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline B52BUFF

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2009, 03:19:49 PM »
If anyone is looking to go out let me know please.  Just drop me a line.  I have been chompin at the bit all summer to go out with people.  I have been out two night this summer with my brother.  We went under the power lines near the old WTYD site and the next night we started looking for ATV trails.  Found some just off of Chesterfield road but I was not to keen on going out alone. I would rather have a group and know where to go than to go looking on Google Earth and driving around.  A couple of guys at the FD say they are going to go but it never happens.   :'( :'( I won't promise I can make it every time but I will try.  Busy this Saturday during the day but available at night.  Monday is wide open! ;D ;D

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2009, 10:57:11 PM »
If anyone is looking to go out let me know please.  Just drop me a line.  I have been chompin at the bit all summer to go out with people.  I have been out two night this summer with my brother.  We went under the power lines near the old WTYD site and the next night we started looking for ATV trails.  Found some just off of Chesterfield road but I was not to keen on going out alone. I would rather have a group and know where to go than to go looking on Google Earth and driving around.  A couple of guys at the FD say they are going to go but it never happens.   :'( :'( I won't promise I can make it every time but I will try.  Busy this Saturday during the day but available at night.  Monday is wide open! ;D ;D
We are very careful to only wheel where it is legal.  We know of a few non maintained roads in CT, and we can let you know where they are when we get to know you.  It seems kind of stuck up, but we as a community need to protect the few legal places that are left.  As a non-club member you can wheel any where you want, but if you become a member it is frowned upon to go places that are not 100% sure if they are ok.  If you know of some places that are questionable, contact Will (WillC), he is the land use coordinator and he can possibly look into the use of the land.  Before joining the club I would wheel in places that I probably shouldn't have been, but after seeing how many trails have been closed I have tried to become more responsible to save the limited land that we do have.  Please don't take this in a negative way, I am not trying to be an A-hole.  If you have any questions let me know.  It all seems pretty secretive at first, but you soon realize it is for a reason.
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2009, 03:14:52 AM »
Very well put, Kirk! 
Axle:  2
Nemesis: 1

I win!

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2009, 05:04:52 AM »
Swagger,
Check out the meeting minutes from last night. It has all of the upcoming events for September. We are looking for a few people to do a little work at BTC this coming Monday morning at 10am in preparation for LIOR to wheel it in a couple weeks and then we'll probably make a run over to FredRock for a little wheeling.

Hey guy's,

I missed you Tuesday, I went by on my way home from work at around 6 but didn't see anyone only to get home and find out you where meeting at 7.

Where do you post the meeting minutes?
'89, 4.2, NUTTERED, Team Rush, 4" Lift, 1" BL, 1" MML & HD shackles , Flat Belly Skid, SYE, 36 x 13.50s
XRC8, 150w KC's, Herculined, Tauras Elec Fan, Dual Batteries, Aussie in front, 8.8, TJ flares & Spool in rear, topless all of the time!

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2009, 02:06:45 PM »
Swagger,

Hey guy's,

I missed you Tuesday, I went by on my way home from work at around 6 but didn't see anyone only to get home and find out you where meeting at 7.

Where do you post the meeting minutes?

They are in the members area, which you don't have access to yet. Not much in there except talking about upcoming events.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline B52BUFF

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2009, 02:18:33 PM »
We are very careful to only wheel where it is legal.  We know of a few non maintained roads in CT, and we can let you know where they are when we get to know you.  It seems kind of stuck up, but we as a community need to protect the few legal places that are left.  As a non-club member you can wheel any where you want, but if you become a member it is frowned upon to go places that are not 100% sure if they are ok.  If you know of some places that are questionable, contact Will (WillC), he is the land use coordinator and he can possibly look into the use of the land.  Before joining the club I would wheel in places that I probably shouldn't have been, but after seeing how many trails have been closed I have tried to become more responsible to save the limited land that we do have.  Please don't take this in a negative way, I am not trying to be an A-hole.  If you have any questions let me know.  It all seems pretty secretive at first, but you soon realize it is for a reason.
[/quote]

I want to continue this discussion but not on this thread

http://jt4x4.com/smf/index.php?topic=1826.new