Author Topic: My 98 TJ  (Read 3110 times)

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
My 98 TJ
« on: August 09, 2009, 07:23:56 PM »
Since I'm being bombarded with pms about my new ride I figured I better post it in here too so you guys have a place to comment and ask questions rather than fielding them one by one.

1998 TJ with 4.0/5spd
Front D30 w/3.73 gears and Aussie locker
Rear D44 w/3.73 gears, disk brakes and welded (not happy about welded, I'll probably get the carrier/gears changed)
Rubicon Express 4.5" superflex-suspension system with 3.5" springs (heim joints everywhere)
Bilstein shocks, front swaybar disconnects, RE adjustible track bar with heim joint
PSC Steering box
JKS 1.25" body lift with 1" motor lift
SYE with Tom Woods CV shaft
Custom rocker guards
Kilby fuel tank skid
Fabtech rear corner guards with LED taillights
Flat-fendered front
Factory AC converted to OBA
Newer soft top on it and older one for going trail riding
Bikini top still in the box. I haven't pulled it out yet.
Full steel doors with roll up windows
Sitting on 33x12.5x15 BFG MTs and Mickey Thompson wheels

I think this TJ has had 35s on it in the past. The speedo is faster than what I'm going by a small percentage so I think when they originally put the SYE in they put speedo gears in for 35s. The only thing it's really missing is a rear bumper with tow a tow point and a tire carrier. If I can get all of my other stuff sold I should have enough to buy that.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 07:29:08 PM by calvynandhobbs »
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline Mr. Potter

• Paid Members
  • Rock Crawler
  • On top of the world
Re: My 98 TJ
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 07:33:10 PM »
real nice Roger, I like the color and it should do real good.
Well I am a Jk Owner now so don't hate.

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 09:04:08 PM »
It looks good all cleaned up.  Did you try the Motorcycle mirror yet? 
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 09:33:57 PM »

You can't see it in the pic, but it's on the driver's side. I've had it on since Friday and then just took it off this morning when I put the doors back on it for the rain today. It works great and for the little bit that I actually use mirrors I didn't notice it vibrating too much.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline Tsunami

• Rock Crawler
    • Tsunami's facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 10:09:05 PM »

You can't see it in the pic, but it's on the driver's side. I've had it on since Friday and then just took it off this morning when I put the doors back on it for the rain today. It works great and for the little bit that I actually use mirrors I didn't notice it vibrating too much.

in the words of some singer on the oldies station..good good good vibrations, shes giving me excitation...
"some singer"    LMFAO, i am curious how old you are!
2010 mazdaspeed3

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 12:59:51 AM »
He's 28 and Roger she looks even prettier in the light. Nice rig!
Andy Doucette - A.K.A.(Douce)
W.O.J.

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 05:19:47 AM »
so do you have a full spare or no?
1982 CJ7-stock

Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them.

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 01:23:54 PM »
so do you have a full spare or no?

I do as of this past Thursday. Kirk bought a 35" spare for his rig and I bought his 33 off of him to put on mine.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2009, 05:38:58 AM »
mk, so you are taking that to mohawk right? and is there any body damage on that at all?
1982 CJ7-stock

Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them.

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2009, 02:10:11 PM »
Yes, this TJ already has body damage. You can't see it from the pic, but the driver's side looks like its had a soft flop on its side. There are dents all the way along the side of the hood and up onto the windshield frame. My wife thought I shouldn't buy it because of that, but I asked her if it made a difference if the dents were already there or if I put the dents in it. I told her that it will receive some body damage from wheelin, but I would do my best to keep it purdy. ;D
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline Tsunami

• Rock Crawler
    • Tsunami's facebook
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2009, 03:30:19 PM »

LMFAO, thats ok, i bet doug doesnt know who it is either...lol

in the words of some singer on the oldies station..good good good vibrations, shes giving me excitation...

Ya i'm only 28, that's why i have no idea who sang it, and was to lazy to google it.  my parents always listened to the oldies station because growing up christian all other radio stations were too "secular". 
2010 mazdaspeed3

Offline Tsunami

• Rock Crawler
    • Tsunami's facebook
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2009, 04:23:21 PM »

LMFAO, thats ok, i bet doug doesnt know who it is either...lol

Ya i'm only 28, that's why i have no idea who sang it, and was to lazy to google it.  my parents always listened to the oldies station because growing up christian all other radio stations were too "secular". 

why do you know who the singer was?
beach boys
2010 mazdaspeed3

Offline RnnngTrails

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • Facebook - Gary Lynch
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2009, 10:54:55 PM »
Jenn was driving with her friend Erica the other day and this Jeep got behind her. She was looking in the mirror and recognized the driver. Her thoughts were "That's the man who kept me from getting all wet in that water crossing" Also that he had a pretty jeep. So you're noticed out in town too.
Living in Preston. Call me if you're going wheeling!

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2009, 03:02:52 AM »
Jenn was driving with her friend Erica the other day and this Jeep got behind her. She was looking in the mirror and recognized the driver. Her thoughts were "That's the man who kept me from getting all wet in that water crossing" Also that he had a pretty jeep. So you're noticed out in town too.

That's great and yes she would have gotten wet in your Jeep. I may have had to get pulled, but I didn't get any water inside.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline RnnngTrails

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • Facebook - Gary Lynch
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2009, 05:06:21 AM »

That's great and yes she would have gotten wet in your Jeep. I may have had to get pulled, but I didn't get any water inside.

>:( I wouldnt have either if i didnt have to go AROUND.  ;)

that was such a fun day.
Living in Preston. Call me if you're going wheeling!