Author Topic: Telemarketer's  (Read 723 times)

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
Telemarketer's
« on: August 20, 2009, 03:18:18 AM »
So we got our phone hooked up here at the new house, and sure enough every day now we're getting calls from telemarketers.  I signed us up today for the do not call list, but it takes a little while to go into affect.  It's been pretty boring around here as I haven't gone to work yet, so I decided to entertain myself by talking with one of them instead of hanging up.  I thought I would share this one with everyone, because every time I read it, I crack myself up:

A telemarketer called me today to tell me that I had won a free ADP Home Security System. I told her I already had a security system. She says that their system has 5 levels of security. "How many does your system have?" she asks. I said, "8, plus one in the chamber." She hung up.

I usually don't think of those things until later, so I was pretty proud of myself for nailing that one.  I love my 1911! 
Axle:  2
Nemesis: 1

I win!

Offline smaug1911

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
Re: Telemarketer's
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 04:15:45 AM »
I always ask them "what are you wearing"

Conversations are decidedly short.
97 V6 Tacoma TRD. 2.5" front coil spacers. 3.5' Downey leaf springs, 2" 4Crawler body Lift, rear Bilstein 5125's, 35" BFG KM2's, Skid row transfer skid, Ocean State Crawlers front winch bumper, custom rear bumper, Kajobuilt sliders, deckplate mod, grey wire mod, Smittybilt XRC8.