Author Topic: August trail / camping ride  (Read 1696 times)

Offline TJ777

• Trail Queen
August trail / camping ride
« on: August 06, 2009, 02:44:39 PM »
So yea so this really sucks to have to say but I won't be able to attend the ride that we had to pay $60 in advance for between work and the jeep not being fixed it sucks. I have only driven the TJ twice in almost 2 months. I spoke with will yesterday and he said there are a couple people who want to go but didnt pay... I paid for 2 nights for if you want you can have my spot and just pay me the $60.

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
Re: August trail / camping ride
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 03:41:26 PM »
Hey Brad- I drive past your Jeep almost everyday and I havn't seen it move in a while.  I am one of the guys that might be able to go to Mohawk, and I am about 90% sure I'll be able to go.  I'll know more by the end of next week, and if I can go, I'll give you the $60 for the site. 

Also, let me know when you get those new control arm brackets and we can spend a few hours mounting them up. 
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline TJ777

• Trail Queen
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 05:10:42 PM »
Thanks kirk. Will do as soon as I can afford to buy the brackets which will probably be after the 1st of sept. Yea it sucks it hasnt moved except for running to a friends house the other day. It sucks not having it 100% HEALTHY.  :'(

Offline footman

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 07:25:03 PM »
Hey Brad If kirk doesnt buy the spot I will.
Also I would contact RC and see if you can get their new rubber bushings for your control arms.

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 03:49:21 AM »
Hey guys,
When is this camping trip? I met some of you at the last meeting and I am interested in going to this and I thought it was the last weekend 28th to 30th. Can someone send me the info for this trip, Directions and stuff? Does anyone want to "share" a camp site. I know they charge per tent but I wanted to stay with the group. What else do I need to do or bring (besides my jeep and a tent). I'm hoping to make it to Ocean Beach tomorrow so maybe we can talk then.
Thanks!
'89, 4.2, NUTTERED, Team Rush, 4" Lift, 1" BL, 1" MML & HD shackles , Flat Belly Skid, SYE, 36 x 13.50s
XRC8, 150w KC's, Herculined, Tauras Elec Fan, Dual Batteries, Aussie in front, 8.8, TJ flares & Spool in rear, topless all of the time!

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 04:35:51 AM »
That would be great if you can make the cruise. I'm sure there will be talk about the upcoming trip. We usually head up there on Friday and then come back on Sunday. Footman on this board is also making last minute reservations since he just found out that he can make it. I can't remember if he's coming up by himself or not. If he is maybe you two can find a big enough tent to share and split the cost.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 07:48:46 AM »
That would be great if you can make the cruise. I'm sure there will be talk about the upcoming trip. We usually head up there on Friday and then come back on Sunday. Footman on this board is also making last minute reservations since he just found out that he can make it. I can't remember if he's coming up by himself or not. If he is maybe you two can find a big enough tent to share and split the cost.

That would be fine with me, I have a big enough tent, I was hoping that someone would allow a second tent on their site so we can stay with the group.
I hope to see you at Ocean Beach.

'89, 4.2, NUTTERED, Team Rush, 4" Lift, 1" BL, 1" MML & HD shackles , Flat Belly Skid, SYE, 36 x 13.50s
XRC8, 150w KC's, Herculined, Tauras Elec Fan, Dual Batteries, Aussie in front, 8.8, TJ flares & Spool in rear, topless all of the time!

Offline moosin

• Trail Boss
  • Trail Master
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 11:55:31 AM »
Hi everyone!

Please pm us if you need to make reservations for Mohawk and I will send you guys the information. We cannot just add someone to our sites, this has to be done by them directly. If they are willing to add someone, then it will still be the $30 per night per tent. The reservations must be done directly at this time with the campground directly.

Thanks

Ed & Mel

Offline TJ777

• Trail Queen
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2009, 04:23:38 PM »
Hey so kirk are you going to need the spot I have reserved or is footman taking it?

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2009, 04:55:57 PM »
Hey so kirk are you going to need the spot I have reserved or is footman taking it?
I'll take it.  I sent you a PM.
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2013 Explorer Sport
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2009, 05:05:29 PM »

That would be fine with me, I have a big enough tent, I was hoping that someone would allow a second tent on their site so we can stay with the group.

If they don't have any more sites available, I am buying Brad's site and you could make arrangments to stay on our site.  As Mel posted, it would still have to go through the camp ground, but we can share if needed.  Us YJ guys have to stick together ;).
2013 Explorer Sport
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2009, 05:16:44 PM »

If they don't have any more sites available, I am buying Brad's site and you could make arrangments to stay on our site.  As Mel posted, it would still have to go through the camp ground, but we can share if needed.  Us YJ guys have to stick together ;).
Ok Great, Thanks! I wanted to make sure I could stay with you guys before making the reservation.

Ed, Sent you a PM. (two actually)

Offline moosin

• Trail Boss
  • Trail Master
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2009, 09:43:29 PM »
Rock I sent you an email.  You will have to go through the Campground directly. They will let you know if there are sites available near ours or not. If not they will have to make the decision on what site if possible to put you at to share, it is there decision. You still will have to pay the full amount which is $30 per night. As this per tent not per site. 

We can discuss tonight at the cruise day

Thanks

Mel

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2009, 11:57:34 PM »
OK, I'm in!
Just finished making reservations, I was able to get the last river side site a few doors away from the rest of you.
Looking forward to a great time!
Rock

Ps, Who is the Trail Boss for this trip? I just have a few questions, Thanks!

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2009, 12:20:10 AM »
OK, I'm in!
Just finished making reservations, I was able to get the last river side site a few doors away from the rest of you.
Looking forward to a great time!
Rock

Ps, Who is the Trail Boss for this trip? I just have a few questions, Thanks!
Ed (moosin88) is the Club president (or Head Coach as he calls it), but Roger (calvinandhobbs) and Jeremy (Rocket) are also Trail Bosses and have all been to the trails before and can fill you in on anything you need.  If anything YJ specific (or TJ or XJ or KJ) comes up I should be able to help. 
2013 Explorer Sport
1988 Honda Hawk GT