Author Topic: last night i noticed a coolant leak....so i mounted a tow hook instead.  (Read 1389 times)

PaulW

turned out to be my radiator, i was at advanced ordering my new one, and saw this in the clearance bin...

but of course i couldn't get that without this...

i thought "that hook would be a nifty thing to put on while i'm waiting for my radiator to come in". so i drilled a couple holes, took some flat stock to sandwich the frame, and what do you know??  instant recovery capability.  this should work perfect for pulling cars out at the mall :D

got the flat stock..

bolted it up...

i'm going to have to get a piece of 1/2 flat stock so i can lower it down a little, i think the strap may bend my bumper if i make a hard pull, but i'll have to find out, after i cut the grass this weekend there's a stump i need to remove, maybe we'll try that shiny new strap on the stump :D.  but for 4.99 for a rear recovery point i can't complain.  there were some cheap tow ropes with hooks in the clearance bin, but i left them there.  come to think of it, they would have probably been good for the yard tractor.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 04:38:13 AM by PaulW »

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
Re: last night i noticed a coolant leak....so i mounted a tow hook instead.
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 05:51:09 AM »
hi five!
1982 CJ7-stock

Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them.

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 06:11:42 AM »
o! that was a low blow... but i don't get stuck. just bring a chain saw so u can cut down all the trees in a 3 mile radius so i don't hit them doing 20mph
1982 CJ7-stock

Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them.

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 06:33:42 AM »
roger was telling me a story about how he rented an h2 here. he took it in water up to the windows... he said he didn't get his deposit back tho  ;D
1982 CJ7-stock

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 06:42:21 AM »
welp, waiting on you then  ;D
1982 CJ7-stock

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 06:46:48 AM »
psh, by the time you get ahold of it i'll make sure that my jeep is paid off so i'll be broker then hell.
1982 CJ7-stock

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2009, 06:52:57 AM »
so i don't gotta keep making payements on something im gonna beat up. and to get rid of the full coverage. in short SAVE MONEY so i can spent it on better things. like lift kits. or hookers.
1982 CJ7-stock

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2009, 06:55:06 AM »
how'd you convince the wife to let you leave the house?
1982 CJ7-stock

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2009, 06:02:15 AM »
idk what that is.
1982 CJ7-stock

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2009, 05:30:26 AM »
LMFAO!!!!! holy crap, haha im dieing over here. thats funny as hell.
1982 CJ7-stock