Author Topic: Front yard Flexing  (Read 4492 times)

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
Re: Front yard Flexing
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2009, 03:17:22 AM »
it's trimmed just perfect.  fit over form.

form follows function...
Andy Doucette - A.K.A.(Douce)
W.O.J.

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2009, 03:27:31 AM »
two maids a milking... ::)
W.O.J.

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2009, 04:14:22 PM »
I like were your head is at lol :D
W.O.J.

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2009, 05:59:16 AM »
ok i'll try to explain. similar to how me and kirk did my rear ones, if you cut 2 high then they seperate and you can get water up into the rear of the jeep. me and kirk did it so we put jb weld in there. kirk help me out here. he should know what im talking about with this.
1982 CJ7-stock

Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them.

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2009, 06:07:08 AM »
like if you cut 2 far up and the inner and outter fender seperate. atleast thats how it works on the rear.
1982 CJ7-stock

Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them.

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2009, 06:34:33 AM »
whopse  :D
1982 CJ7-stock

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2009, 06:35:50 AM »
i miss my jeep. they said i may not get it until september 25th.  :( :'( if i had it then i could go outside and look at mine to disprove my own theory.
1982 CJ7-stock

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2009, 06:44:00 AM »
i don't think that the jeep will survive while driving it in the pacific. unless you had a good idea for like a 1/2 mile tall snorkel.
1982 CJ7-stock

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2009, 04:58:58 PM »
ok i'll try to explain. similar to how me and kirk did my rear ones, if you cut 2 high then they seperate and you can get water up into the rear of the jeep. me and kirk did it so we put jb weld in there. kirk help me out here. he should know what im talking about with this.

Yeah its fine, i didnt cut too high and i  made sure not to cut through any of the spot welds. I just made a bunch of vertical cuts, more were the corners were and bent and pounded them all inside the fender, and then i hit it all with some black rustoleum. The front isn't like the back, its just sheet metal and plastic, i ripped most of the plastic out except for the spot were it would fling mud into the door hinges, and i just cut the metal with a jigsaw.
W.O.J.

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2009, 05:13:43 PM »
Andy it sounds like you did the same thing Doug and I did.  I came up with a little cleaner method on my YJ ( sorry Doug you were the test Jeep).  I cut the metal about 1/2" longer then the opening I wanted.  I then took a short pair or channel locks and bent a lip inwards so the lip was about 1/2" wide (hence the 1/2" left when cutting).  With several differnt size hammers I tapped (not beat) the bent lip until it was flat.  I took my time with the hammer and the bending  and from only a few feet away it looks like a factory lip.  Since the paint was a little rough after the bending and hammering I hit the lip with a little truck bed liner and put the flair back on. 

This method takes a lot longer, but the results are clean and the lip provided a place for the innder fender linder to go into, which isn't on the XJs.
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2009, 05:35:02 AM »
it's ok kirk mine looks fine. so now when i cut the front i just cut if off right? don't need to bend it or do i?
1982 CJ7-stock

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2009, 08:11:34 AM »
u just cut it
W.O.J.

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2009, 05:07:37 AM »
Put the stock fenders back on the front, just trimmed em up a bit, used zip ties. Came out ok.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 05:16:09 AM by BlacXJeep »
W.O.J.

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2009, 09:55:26 AM »
i would do that but hawaii doesn't like zip ties  :'(
1982 CJ7-stock

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2009, 03:38:17 PM »
What do you mean?
W.O.J.