Author Topic: winches...  (Read 3028 times)

Offline RnnngTrails

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • Facebook - Gary Lynch
Re: winches...
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2009, 04:40:43 AM »
Eventually I'll get a winch for my TJ, but I can count on one hand how many times I've had to be winched or tugged in the last 5-6 years of wheelin. For the little bit of use it will ever see I won't mind having a slow one as long as its reliable for when I do need to use it.

You haven't had to get winched because the extra wheelbase of the XJ is better than a TJ... ;)

I dont have my computer right now for photo evidence, but I know I have a picture of a certain blue XJ being winched out of a deep water crossing where it got snagged by "insert item x" and stuck grille deep in water. The high water pants of said XJ's owner was the best part.

I think that's the same spot where I took on a cab full of water and flooded out my wallet that was on the floor.  :-[

please do share these pics

As soon as my household goods get shipped to my house (recent change of home port) I'll set up my computer and do that. I'm sure he remembers it. Go figure it was the only album on my webshots that i never finished loading...
Living in Preston. Call me if you're going wheeling!

Offline RnnngTrails

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • Facebook - Gary Lynch
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2009, 05:06:51 AM »
Living in Preston. Call me if you're going wheeling!

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2009, 02:50:26 PM »
I remember that extraction. We never did figure out what my XJ was hooked to under the water that wouldn't let me turn and go across.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2009, 05:29:38 AM »
high water pants. plz do tell the story or share a pic haha
1982 CJ7-stock

Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them.

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2009, 02:04:15 PM »
high water pants. plz do tell the story or share a pic haha

It was a deep water crossing and my XJ got caught on something underwater that made it turn sideways. I couldn't get it straightened out so I had to get pulled. I was wearing shorts, but the water was several inches above my knees so I rolled my shorts up higher so they wouldn't get completely soaked while I was hooking up the strap.
1994 YJ on 37s