Author Topic: WTB TJ mirror relocation brackets  (Read 1387 times)

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
WTB TJ mirror relocation brackets
« on: August 05, 2009, 01:31:07 PM »
I need some relocation brackets to get the mirrors off of the hard doors and onto the body so I can take the doors off. Does anybody have an extra pair laying around? If some of you guys with TJs can let me know what kind you are using that would be great too. I haven't even started looking yet and this is my first TJ so I don't know what's out there.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
Re: WTB TJ mirror relocation brackets
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 05:09:21 PM »
My only advice is to get something that will work.  I bought a set for my YJ and I couldn't even see the mirrors when I put the doors back on.  I have a CJ7 mirror on mine, and it works great.  If you want to take the doors off now, I have a motorcycle mirror I made to fit inside the hole left by the upper door hinge when the door is off.  It is not the best at highway speeds because it shakes too much, but it would keep any cops from messing with you. 
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline Tsunami

• Rock Crawler
    • Tsunami's facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 06:00:39 PM »
i got rid of mine because i bought after market body mounted mirrors... driver's side - shaky but it works, passengers side - proper hight is unusable, most guys pull it up over the hood to get the use, only thing is the ones i have are large, so they do create a new blind spot when you are looking front left, you get used to it tho and start lookin over it or around the side

http://www.quadratec.com/products/13111_02.htm

also, these tend to have a little whistling noise at 30mph and above
2010 mazdaspeed3

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 06:04:34 PM »
My only advice is to get something that will work.  I bought a set for my YJ and I couldn't even see the mirrors when I put the doors back on.  I have a CJ7 mirror on mine, and it works great.  If you want to take the doors off now, I have a motorcycle mirror I made to fit inside the hole left by the upper door hinge when the door is off.  It is not the best at highway speeds because it shakes too much, but it would keep any cops from messing with you. 

I'll probably take you up on the motorcycle mirror until I can get something else. I need to bring your spare tire back you anyway. It's supposed to be a nice weekend after the rain comes through tonight.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 06:07:51 PM by calvynandhobbs »
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline gearhead1985B

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • the Snozberries taste like Snozberries
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 06:05:28 PM »
Do you need mirrors in ct i just take them off with doors and i have not had an issue
"If you can read this, Thank a Teacher, if you can read it in English, thank a SOLDIER"

https://www.masterpull.com/Index.aspx
http://www.taboocustoms.com/

Offline Sandbox Sailor

• Mudd Hog
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 10:37:17 PM »
In CT technically you are supposed to have 2 mirrors. It has to be the driver's side mirror and either the passenger side mirror OR the windshield mounted rear view. That being said, I never got any hassle from running my TJ with the doors off, but if a cop wanted to hassle you, it would give hi a reason to stop you.

PaulW

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 12:33:27 AM »
dude i just put up a post on the craigslist about tj mirror relocation like 3 days ago.