Author Topic: random crap doug says and paul argues about.  (Read 9037 times)

PaulW

Re: random crap doug says and paul argues about.
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2009, 05:02:42 AM »
lift hasn't arrived yet. supposed to be here this monday so that weekend im assuming im going to install it but im in a bigger problem right now. in order to pass safety inspection i need a working horn and no airbag light on..... the airbag i'll probably just pull the fuse but im in the process of finding somebody to help me fix my horn.

why do you have to go through safty??  it's already registered.  leave the ct plates on it.

Offline gearhead1985B

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • the Snozberries taste like Snozberries
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2009, 06:01:39 AM »
with your horn get a push button and wire it straight up
"If you can read this, Thank a Teacher, if you can read it in English, thank a SOLDIER"

https://www.masterpull.com/Index.aspx
http://www.taboocustoms.com/

PaulW

« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2009, 06:03:21 AM »
with your horn get a push button and wire it straight up

wire the horn to the airbag, that way when you push the horn the airbag will work.

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2009, 06:37:22 PM »
no matter what you have to register your car in hawaii, you don't have to get new plates but it does have to be registered and have a safety inspection done and if it's modified then you have to pass a recon test (reconstruction) and the worse part about this is that since im lifting it i have to get mud flaps  >:( oh yeah and my zip-tie license plate isn't gonna pass either.
1982 CJ7-stock

Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them.

Offline B52BUFF

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2009, 07:33:07 PM »
Get up in the dashboard and clip the lead to the airbag light ;).  As for the horn you can just ducttape one of those canned air horns to the mirror.  This will serve two purposes. 1) It acts like a horn (Duh) 2) you will be using your hand to activate it and therefore will be less likely to use your fingers to improve relations with the locals ;D.

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2009, 10:45:32 PM »
tape, zip ties, etc cannot hold anything on. must be bolted on  :( i was thinking about just going to autozone and buying the crap horns that i can mount to a button or something, as for the airbag can't i just pull the fuse?
1982 CJ7-stock

Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them.

flexj

« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2009, 01:55:12 AM »
tape, zip ties, etc cannot hold anything on. must be bolted on  :( i was thinking about just going to autozone and buying the crap horns that i can mount to a button or something, as for the airbag can't i just pull the fuse?

Can't you just pull the airbag?

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2009, 02:07:07 AM »
Pull the bulb.  It takes about 5 min, if that to pull the gages out. 
1.Pop the panel over the radio/heater/ switches off. 
2.Remove the 3 screws from the bottom of the panel under the steering wheel, then pull that panel off too. 
3.There will be a metal plate behind the panel you just removed, pull out the 2 screws in the top corners of the metal plate and let it swing down.
4.Remove the 4 (6?) screws around the radio area that hold in the panel that surrounds the gages.  To pull this panel off there is a rubber boot around the steering column that slides apart and the panel is a little tough to get around the headlight switch but it will come off.
5.  Lift off the panel that covers the top of the dash (no screws)
6.  At this point you should see 4 screws holding the gages in, take these out and give the gages a yank to disconnect them from the rear connections.
7.  Now give the bulb a 1/2 turn to pull the bulb socket out.  Pull the bulb out and then put the socket back in. 

Reassembly is reverse of disassembly. 
Tools required-Philips screw driver and common sense.  I think autozone has a military discount of common sense ;D
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

PaulW

« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2009, 02:51:25 AM »
Tools required-Philips screw driver and common sense.  I think autozone has a military discount of common sense ;D

I think he should be ok with the screwdriver.

flexj

« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2009, 02:58:26 AM »

I think he should be ok with the screwdriver.

Umm a screwdriver is the most basic tool to use.

PaulW

« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2009, 02:59:27 AM »
doug just graduated from the vacuum.  give him some time to "upgrade"

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2009, 03:00:25 AM »
shampooer next
Andy Doucette - A.K.A.(Douce)
W.O.J.

PaulW

« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2009, 03:00:58 AM »
I don't know if he could ever handle that.

flexj

« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2009, 03:07:09 AM »
I don't know if he could ever handle that.

Is Doug "special"?

PaulW

« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2009, 03:13:01 AM »
Yes Doug is very special to us.