Author Topic: fender flares  (Read 16969 times)

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
Re: fender flares
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2009, 05:37:06 AM »
Are you ripping these off becuase of your sagging springs and 235's?  If so, you must have the light duty springs.

He has the "gay duty" springs
Andy Doucette - A.K.A.(Douce)
W.O.J.

PaulW

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2009, 02:03:11 PM »
Are you ripping these off becuase of your sagging springs and 235's?  If so, you must have the light duty springs.

He has the "gay duty" springs

What does gay duty have to do with saggy springs??

If anything I'd have to say they were like the last pair of boobies he ever saw...SAGGY!!

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2009, 03:21:39 PM »
Don't buy new plastic flares, they just get ripped off by trees, rocks, etc. 
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2009, 04:51:11 PM »
nope. i fixed the problem. all good now
1982 CJ7-stock

Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them.

Offline Gastank

• Honorary Member
  • Mudd Hog
  • HORSEPOWER: A TIRE BURNING GOOD TIME!
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2009, 11:58:37 PM »
91 YJ, 350cid/TH400/231 4.5 RE springs, 2" Bonz shackles, 33/12.5/15 MT baja claws, and lock-rite in the rear.
"But it is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation." - Herman Melville

PaulW

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2009, 01:09:00 AM »

Offline Gastank

• Honorary Member
  • Mudd Hog
  • HORSEPOWER: A TIRE BURNING GOOD TIME!
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2009, 12:57:56 PM »
And Cheeeeeaaaapppppp!!!! Which is something that we all like!
91 YJ, 350cid/TH400/231 4.5 RE springs, 2" Bonz shackles, 33/12.5/15 MT baja claws, and lock-rite in the rear.
"But it is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation." - Herman Melville

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2009, 09:42:13 PM »
actually we were talking about that before and i guess it couldn't be a bad idea but paul are you that good with a grinder? haha i don't wanna be done and have them look like crap, thats why i ended up not doing that. but if u think u  can do it i'll try and find some tj flares. but should i do all rear ones like that said?
1982 CJ7-stock

Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them.

PaulW

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2009, 01:14:36 PM »
actually we were talking about that before and i guess it couldn't be a bad idea but paul are you that good with a grinder? haha i don't wanna be done and have them look like crap, thats why i ended up not doing that. but if u think u  can do it i'll try and find some tj flares. but should i do all rear ones like that said?

as long as you don't buy an 18 pack.

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2009, 03:45:13 PM »

Since your biggest concern is the rear, I would start with the rear flairs and see how it looks.  It might look a little strange with the back flairs in black and the fronts in Green, but you could paint the fronts a satin black and it would match pretty close.  I would hold of on the fronts until you settle on a front bumper.  Most of the rubbing in the front will come from steering not the wheel well.  Plus if you screw up the back you just need a new body, the front fenders will still look ok ;D
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2009, 09:24:40 PM »
haha if you make it to the meeting tonight you'll see that i already have 1 black fender flare on the front, it's just primer right now but i guess i'll try to get tj flares now haha. only got 3 weeks left so are you gonna be able to do this in 1 day paul? u gonna have the free time to help me?
1982 CJ7-stock

PaulW

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2009, 10:50:11 PM »
haha if you make it to the meeting tonight you'll see that i already have 1 black fender flare on the front, it's just primer right now but i guess i'll try to get tj flares now haha. only got 3 weeks left so are you gonna be able to do this in 1 day paul? u gonna have the free time to help me?

nope i'm already out of time, i'll be in boston all weekend.

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2009, 11:07:20 PM »
this isn't a this weekend project it would have to be next weekend. because around august 2nd im taking my jeep down to nj to be shipped to hawaii. ;D
1982 CJ7-stock

PaulW

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2009, 11:11:10 PM »
this isn't a this weekend project it would have to be next weekend. because around august 2nd im taking my jeep down to nj to be shipped to hawaii. ;D

leave the jeep and just ship your big wheel.

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2009, 11:12:32 PM »
.... the 1 post u weren't making fun of me in and now u are  :(
1982 CJ7-stock