Author Topic: July Trail Ride  (Read 3148 times)

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
Re: July Trail Ride
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2009, 02:12:37 AM »
So far these are the people going:

calvynandhobbs
kirksjeep
rocket
BlacXjeep
Tsunami
gearhead1985
WillC is a maybe at this point

Anybody else that is planning to go let us know. Everybody make sure you have directions to Jeremy's place and bring your lunch, snacks, water, and vehicle needs. I printed off a trail run form today and the waiver forms for gearhead. I also have good directions to the trailhead so we should be all set.
1994 YJ on 37s

PaulW

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2009, 03:11:06 AM »
WIllC You have to go man, I want to see those new skids all based up.  They're too pretty!!

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2009, 10:06:49 PM »
i will be driving to rockets house and going along with adam in his yj to the trail then going to pauls house for the picnic.
1982 CJ7-stock

Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them.

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2009, 10:11:20 PM »
is it fine if i leave my xj in ur driveway rocket? and i need ur adresss again.
1982 CJ7-stock

Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them.

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2009, 12:36:56 AM »
Ensure you guys all check your fluid levels, and are topped off w/ gas.  we are not stopping for fuel until either close to the trail head or on the way back.
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2009, 12:43:32 AM »
don't forget lunches either. haha my mistake last time. ;D
1982 CJ7-stock

Offline Tsunami

• Rock Crawler
    • Tsunami's facebook
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2009, 01:19:09 AM »
adam is who.... cause my name is adam and i have a tj and a nephew named rj :P
2010 mazdaspeed3

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2009, 01:38:48 AM »
lmfao! ;D adam is gearhead some random # lol. he works at the hobby shop on base and drives a yj.
1982 CJ7-stock

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2009, 03:57:24 AM »
I'm picking up Sandbox Sailor and his son in the morning as passengers with me. There is a truck stop right when we get off of 91 about 20 minutes from the trailhead so I figure we'll do a bio break, gas and whatever else needs to be done at that point.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2009, 04:02:41 AM »
Ensure you guys all check your fluid levels, and are topped off w/ gas.  we are not stopping for fuel until either close to the trail head or on the way back.

We are going to hit a truck stop about 20 min. from the trail head.  This will be a good time to hit the head (mens/ little boys room) and get some lunch if you forget one.  

Also, I looking for someone with preferable a truck and possibile a trailer (hint, hint Jermey) to lend me a little bed/trailer space for the way up for an 8.8 axle.  I have a buyer that is going to meet us at the trail head.  I'm going to tow my trailer to Jeremy's house with my YJ, but there is no way I could tow a trailer at high way speeds with the YJ.  I need to get a 10" drop hitch and I only have a 4 so it's at a little bit of an angle. ;)  If Jeremy can't do it, hopefully one of the XJ guys can hook me up.  It's drained of all fluids so it shouldn't smell as bad a Rogers 8.25 ;D

1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline Tsunami

• Rock Crawler
    • Tsunami's facebook
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2009, 04:10:00 AM »
worst case senario, if its just the axle... i have no passengers, you can just throw the stuff in my tj, and i will drop it off for you...
call me at about 7:00 am, let me know!  that will give me the time to come to yur place and grab it and meet in colchester
2010 mazdaspeed3

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2009, 05:41:51 AM »
Any other time, i'd say throw it in the back of betty, but I have 2 passengers so the back seat is down  :-[
Andy Doucette - A.K.A.(Douce)
W.O.J.

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2009, 05:51:32 AM »
throw it in my trailer when you get here, it's hooked up and ready to roll.
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline Tsunami

• Rock Crawler
    • Tsunami's facebook
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2009, 11:29:11 PM »
wish i could have stayed longer, but you guys know the scoop.  hope yur gettin in to trouble, and gettin out of it...   great time today, see you guys on monday cruise at ocean beach, i will post pics when i get the chance.
2010 mazdaspeed3

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2009, 06:32:06 AM »
good time man, lost a wheel on the way back. we're driving down the highway and adam n i notice the yj driving funny. we're running over all the things that could be wrong and then all of a sudden we see our driver side rear tire go past us and we hit the highway at like 60 mph. changed out the tire after kirk and i found it and kept on trucking pics will be up in a few mins. photo bucket is being slow
1982 CJ7-stock