Author Topic: dent puller  (Read 1999 times)

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master
dent puller
« on: March 23, 2009, 08:58:57 PM »
any body have one to borrow?  ;D

figure while i had the time off, i should do some reconstructive surgery.  :D

PaulW

Re: dent puller
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 10:26:48 PM »
I might be able to borrow a spot weld type puller, how long do you need it?

Offline Seabee_BUC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Yeah she's fast...Terrible in the rocks I'm sure!
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 10:48:31 PM »
Get a plunger and try that...and i'm not joking...  ;)  Unless it's a real small dent. A shart yank on a seated plunger will usually do the trick. Unless it's a pretty mangled dent with a lot of creases. Or you can tack weld framing nails in the deepest point of the dent and pull on that...

PaulW

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 11:44:04 PM »
Get a plunger and try that...and i'm not joking...  ;)  Unless it's a real small dent. A shart yank on a seated plunger will usually do the trick. Unless it's a pretty mangled dent with a lot of creases. Or you can tack weld framing nails in the deepest point of the dent and pull on that...

ya know thats one video i couldnt find on youtube.....lol

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 12:13:33 AM »
why bother, Jon?  Chicks dig dents, right?  Jess would be so upset if you straightened up the truck!
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

PaulW

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 12:41:39 AM »
why bother, Jon?  Chicks dig dents, right?  Jess would be so upset if you straightened up the truck!

very true, chicks dig carnage

Offline Swagger

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 01:58:00 AM »
ya, but seriously. Whos he trying to impress???
FOR SALE:  2000 TJ with some stuff and uber low mileage.  $9500 obo. Come to Texas and buy my junk!!!

I like to smash things!!!!

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 02:24:23 AM »
good question. Jon??
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 02:26:06 AM »
He's getting in pretty deep with this Mona Vie drink, so he needs a nice company vehicle.   ;)
Axle:  2
Nemesis: 1

I win!

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 01:00:49 AM »
there is a mangled spot on the driver side. the extended spot. when i busted a cv(again) on TI, getting out if BTC was insane. i had no traction and slid into a tree. and my slider didn't even get touched by the tree. all body of the truck. i have used aplunger on many occasion. but no tthe spot is rusting and i'd like to clean it up. jessica doesn't care about dents. but she doesn't like rust (thus the sale of the impala).

even though i am married i can still impress my wife BTW!!! i'm not going to let the truck go and get all loose and flabby. i keep the rear end tight and Q/A the locker on sharp turns. it always has capable feet, keep it's sneakers shiny and detailed. it has a nice cologne of royal purple and lucas power steenig fluid. the interrior bling accents are a hit at any occasion. i even impress my self. lol!!!

soooo any way's i am looking at sat morning. i'll see what i can figure out by then or rent whatever happens first. 

Offline CnoteTJ

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 01:22:39 AM »
even though i am married i can still impress my wife BTW!!! i'm not going to let the truck go and get all loose and flabby. i keep the rear end tight and Q/A the locker on sharp turns. it always has capable feet, keep it's sneakers shiny and detailed. it has a nice cologne of royal purple and lucas power steenig fluid. the interrior bling accents are a hit at any occasion. i even impress my self. lol!!!

...you thought way too hard on that   ::)

2011 Black Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4" FT Long Arm w/ CRC link and 35" MTR/K's
Some armor and performance goodies!

www.northridge4x4.com    www.offroadevolution.com   www.full-traction.com

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2009, 02:44:05 AM »
You forgot to mention your large rack ;D

I have a "Ding King" dent puller from my hero Billy Mays.  It works ok for small to medium size stuff, but it sounds like you need something more then that.  Another option would be to put an ad on craigslist asking for an auto body guy looking for some side work.
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2009, 03:04:59 AM »
my rack is empty. i know not having a spare is dumb. but is since i am getting about 8 mpg. with the tire off i'm getting about 10. but if i plan on taking a trip, have no fear, i'll go back to 8 mpg.

PaulW

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2009, 05:14:17 AM »
post video of the plunger in action, this i have to see :D

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2009, 08:47:31 PM »
to late.