Author Topic: Basic maintenance on Inga...  (Read 2973 times)

PaulW

Re: Basic maintenance on Inga...
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2009, 02:28:14 AM »
I have one, Scott.  But Paul is right, they're pretty cheap at Advance Auto.  (10% military discount)

I only bought one cuz i needed it to fill the foot on my outboard.

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2009, 03:54:10 AM »
i have one as well.

PaulW

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2009, 04:02:47 AM »

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2009, 04:09:24 AM »
no.

well i didnt look. it was 5 bucks.

PaulW

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2009, 04:10:22 AM »
no.

well i didnt look. it was 5 bucks.

austin powers joke...you got a better price then i did then

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2009, 06:51:13 PM »
Scott is in trouble at the hobby shop on base.  He goofed up the lower left rear control arm ball joint and needs to replace it or the whole thing.  If anyone has a replacement lower left control arm for an 03 TJ with 3" lift, or even a stock one, please help him out.  The hobby shop closes at 4pm and he'll have to leave Inga there if he doesn't fix it today. 
Axle:  2
Nemesis: 1

I win!

PaulW

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2009, 07:00:00 PM »
Scott is in trouble at the hobby shop on base.  He goofed up the lower left rear control arm ball joint and needs to replace it or the whole thing.  If anyone has a replacement lower left control arm for an 03 TJ with 3" lift, or even a stock one, please help him out.  The hobby shop closes at 4pm and he'll have to leave Inga there if he doesn't fix it today. 

ball joint, or heim joint?

Offline Seabee_BUC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Yeah she's fast...Terrible in the rocks I'm sure!
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2009, 09:54:07 PM »
WHAT A FREAKIN DISASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  >:(  >:(

Ok, first off, Super Special thanks go out to Axle for calling around for me, then running to Ed's house for the donar arm, then back to the Hobby Shop , Ed for donating the stock control arm to get me out of the Hobby Shop and back to a drivable rig, KP and Geoff for swinging by to lend a hand for a little while. Additionally, I don't know the kid's name that was working there today but he was an awesome help even though he didn't know much about Jeeps. He pretty much was understanding what was happening and almost knew what kind of tool I was about to need and he was quick to go get it. Great kid. Thanks mystery boy!  ;D

So what happened was, I got the driver, rear, lower control arm off and put it in a vice to spin the retaining nut out of the Super Flex Joint and not noticing there is a set screw to retain it, put the impact to her to get the nut out. The set screw in turn maintained it's perfect integrity and tore the shit out of the retaining nut to a point that it will never go back into the control arm again. Looking at the control arm, the threads inside of the joint are thrashed to so needless to say, that control arm is trash.

I'm in the market now for some new lower control arms. Probably go with Rubicon Express now that the Jeep is drivable and I can wait for them to arrive. I have half a mind to just replace the coils while I'm at it because the ones we have are almost 6 years old and real mushy. If I do that, then I'll do it all at once and probable go with adjustable uppers at the same time. Not sure yet.

And to make matters worse, after soaking the nuts and bolts in WD-40, and PB Blaster, the front bolts are seized into the spherical ball and will not come out to facilitate the removal of the front control arms. I'm going to soak it again for a couple days while I decide what we're gonna do.

So that's my drama....Again, thanks everyone for the help you provided whichever form it was...