Author Topic: Just say no to pork! Vote today!  (Read 2619 times)

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
Re: Just say no to pork! Vote today!
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2009, 11:54:58 PM »
In general, a lot of those items are good items... for a different bill.  They won't really help the economy right now, like we need. 
Axle:  2
Nemesis: 1

I win!

Offline mallcrawl

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2009, 08:35:04 PM »
we don't need to help the economy right now we need to take our licks for living as a debt based society for the last 20+ years and start consuming a little less

specificaly in the average household
-someone needs to quit working and stay home with the kids
-because someone just quit work we need to move into a smaller place or rent out the extra bedroom we've been using as a game/computer/storage room
-learning to cook again instead of buying manufactured meals might be a good idea health and finacialy
-all those things we've been saying about getting public transit working and reducing our driving for years

now as to this stimulus bil its insidious it is by giving back the money as job creating projects and small sums in our paycheck they make sure all the folks living paycheck to paycheck spend it on latte's instead of investing it somewhere, which is why it just might actualy work, at least untill the creditors forclose on the national debt

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2009, 01:31:48 AM »
The economy will fix it self, in time.  throwing money at it won't change a thing, except to drive us deeper in debt and raise inflation!  the new deal didn't work, even FDR's close friend/adviosr told him so!  It didn't work in Japan in the 90's.  Why do people think it will work now?  Even the currrent congressional budget oversight committee says its not going to work!  And they are rushing it so fast to keep the public from learning more about it.  Cause once the public learns more about it, they will cry foul!
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline mallcrawl

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2009, 06:41:52 AM »
1)The economy will fix it self, in time.  2) Cause once the public learns more about it, they will cry foul!
1) sure will balance out after a while
2) unfourunatly the retarded sheep won't they'll cry that their particular need should have gotten a biger chunk

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2009, 07:53:02 AM »
#2 is probably true.  Oh, the "big tax break" in the stimulus bill equals about $13 a week for the average american (less for thoes who make less).  Hardly enough extra money to stimulte the economy. "hmmm, maybe I can afford to supersize my meal this week!"
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline BayouGold

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2009, 05:51:36 PM »
So when the next terror attacks come we will be too broke to deliver justice to those responsible. But we'll still have the $8 billion train from disneyland to vegas.
'01 TJ 60th Anniversary Edition