Author Topic: AC to air compressor  (Read 2797 times)

PaulW

Re: AC to air compressor
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2009, 04:01:30 AM »
I had it on the Ramcharger, The most expensive part was the tank and a new/junkyard AC compressor. Worked like a champ!

[Thread hijack]did you ever have charging issues with the ramcharger??[/thread hijack]

Offline CaptORM

• Rock Crawler
    • JT 4X4
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2009, 01:35:32 PM »
Kirk,  What size air line did you use for your application.
I do cheeks for free just ask...

l  
 l _[==]__o___o
 l//_|__l__l,\___\,___
 l_--\__\__l_/---\_[] llll [)
  (o)_)        (o)_)--o)_)

96 Jeep Grand Cherokee
6.5" lift, 33's

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2009, 10:50:42 PM »
I used 3/8" hose.  I bought a whole section of line from Home Depot, it is orange in color and rated for 300lbs I think.
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline Gastank

• Honorary Member
  • Mudd Hog
  • HORSEPOWER: A TIRE BURNING GOOD TIME!
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2009, 01:35:42 PM »
No issues really.... The voltage Reg and Ballast resistor would go out about once every 2 months or so, other than that it was a great rig. I hated the 727 that it had!
91 YJ, 350cid/TH400/231 4.5 RE springs, 2" Bonz shackles, 33/12.5/15 MT baja claws, and lock-rite in the rear.
"But it is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation." - Herman Melville

PaulW

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2009, 03:05:50 PM »
No issues really.... The voltage Reg and Ballast resistor would go out about once every 2 months or so, other than that it was a great rig. I hated the 727 that it had!

Ya i'm having trouble with a friends right now brand new alternator, brand new reg, brand new balast.  still not charging.  i'll gte it figured out but it's being a pain!

Offline Gastank

• Honorary Member
  • Mudd Hog
  • HORSEPOWER: A TIRE BURNING GOOD TIME!
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2009, 02:48:05 AM »

Ya i'm having trouble with a friends right now brand new alternator, brand new reg, brand new balast.  still not charging.  i'll gte it figured out but it's being a pain!

on the drivers side inner fender you'll find a wire that splits off into 6 wires (i think) then goes back into one. This is the Fusable link I just mentioned in another thread. Autozone has rolls of this stuff CHEAP I kept a roll in the glovebox of the Beast. sometimes it would totally melt the wire (that's what it's designed to do) sometimes it would just take some feeling around to see which wire is actually bad. Give that a try... it took 3 different trips to Autozone to figure that one out.
91 YJ, 350cid/TH400/231 4.5 RE springs, 2" Bonz shackles, 33/12.5/15 MT baja claws, and lock-rite in the rear.
"But it is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation." - Herman Melville