Author Topic: Complete Onboard Air system, easy instalation, only $400!  (Read 1374 times)

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
Complete Onboard Air system, easy instalation, only $400!
« on: November 28, 2008, 04:45:38 AM »
This is by far the easiest way to do onboard air; no plumbing, no electrical hook up, faster than any system y'all are running!
http://newlondon.craigslist.org/tls/935227993.html

1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline RnnngTrails

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • Facebook - Gary Lynch
Re: Complete Onboard Air system, easy instalation, only $400!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 04:50:49 AM »
This is by far the easiest way to do onboard air; no plumbing, no electrical hook up, faster than any system y'all are running!
http://newlondon.craigslist.org/tls/935227993.html

So for all of you who dont need your back seat or any view out of your back window, and have some MONSTER adjustable shocks to compensate for the weight, That's a sweet deal. If you do value your seat/view and dont have top notch shocks, it might be worth the plumbing/electrical work and you can deal with the 12cfm that warn puts out or the 2 or 3 that Viair puts out.. ;)
Living in Preston. Call me if you're going wheeling!

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 11:36:46 AM »
you can get smaller ones that would fit in the area behind the rear seat :)  I personaly would go w/ a knockoff power tank
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline RnnngTrails

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • Facebook - Gary Lynch
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 01:25:05 PM »
Also not a bad idea. Make sure you mount it vertically though and can easily remove it in the event that it needs to be refilled. (learned that from experience w/ zach)

you can get smaller ones that would fit in the area behind the rear seat :)  I personaly would go w/ a knockoff power tank

Just FYI I have a 2.5 Gallon tank behind my seat. That's the ONLY thing that fits back there. Anything more and you're going to be pushing it. I couldnt imagine putting the compressor and everything else back there too.. And trust me I have a very vivid imagination :P

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 02:48:02 AM »
Before I melted through the high pressure output hose, we managed to air up 14 tires in the same time it took axle to air up his four tires.  As far as output I can't imagine getting more output from an electrical compressor over a belt driven set up.  I have about a $100 for my set up, but I also had a lot of the parts sitting around the house.  I would think that you could put together a complete system from scratch for $200 (plus the compressor) if you bought everything new. 
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2008, 03:58:25 AM »
You can only fit a 2.5 gal?  I could fit two of thoes where my spare tire used to be!  and a  compressor!  Nevermind the extended cab or acutal bed!  I love my Taco!

Offline RnnngTrails

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • Facebook - Gary Lynch
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 06:31:23 PM »
It's all a trade off. (I didnt have to winch anywhere at BTC) I love my jeep!

Before I melted through the high pressure output hose, we managed to air up 14 tires in the same time it took axle to air up his four tires.  As far as output I can't imagine getting more output from an electrical compressor over a belt driven set up.  I have about a $100 for my set up, but I also had a lot of the parts sitting around the house.  I would think that you could put together a complete system from scratch for $200 (plus the compressor) if you bought everything new. 

My Electric compressor puts out 12CFM and about 6 under full load. I can air up all four of my 35s in about 10ish minutes. We did 6 rigs at a trail ride we went on in 35 minutes
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 06:33:03 PM by RnnngTrails »